The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

I would say Rev has explained it well. they are too 1 dimensional without him even them rare occasions a team like Chelsea or Real have him under control the rest of the team look a bit clueless and pass across the pitch aimlessly

read this on Guardian not sure how true it is, poor manager anyway

2006/7 - Under Stuart Pearce Manchester City scored only 10 goals at home all season, the worst record in the history of top-flight football. I don't know if that's still the record.

Edited by Zatman

Can't believe United are so far down on the Twitter list.

Can't believe Chelsea are 2nd on both lists either. They're well supported, but Liverpool and Arsenal shirts are in my experience more common.

All it means is that they haven't really pushed for Twitter followers, when they decide to start gathering followers they will streak ahead of everybody else.  I'm guessing they don't feel the need to at the moment. 

I'm guessing the main reason we are doing so well for Facebook likes is because there was a huge campaign. 

probably be gone by tonight but since Tabarez returned as Uruguay manager, Uruguay have defeated the hosts in all tournaments (Venezuela 2007, South Africa 2010, Argentina 2011). 

I don't think Benzema or Higuain would be Real's first choice if they sold Ronnie. They'd buy someone else. Those 2 are backups. But no I don't think they'd get 25/30. Villa, yes, I believe would get that many when fit. I think we forget how amazing he is.

Two years ago Ronaldo scored 46 league goals when Real Madrid won the league. Higuain and Benzema scored 22 and 21 goals themselves, which is quite insane given the emphasize on Ronaldo. Of course, it also signals how good Ronaldo is when the other guys are scoring so many between them. One of the reasons why Messi has managed 95+ goals in the league the last two seasons (I know, insane number...) is because he is the player everyone else is trying to pass it to. With Neymar in the team it's going to be virtually impossible to do the same, although I wouldn't bet on it! Anyway, without Ronaldo and if they both played 38 games they could both score 25+ goals in the league IMO (at least one of them would). That's why I really don't want Higuain at Arsenal, because he will score 20+ goals without question. He manages to get a lot of chances and he scores from all angles, isn't afraid to try a shot and it often at the right place at the right time.

Â