The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

Is that chart supposed to imply that all the players on it had a bad season?    I've not seen much of Chelsea this year, but I was of the understanding that Victor Moses had done very well for them. 

Is that chart supposed to imply that all the players on it had a bad season?    I've not seen much of Chelsea this year, but I was of the understanding that Victor Moses had done very well for them. 

think the stat for each player is the worst in the league. McAnuff ahd a decent enough season as well

The Chelsea fans I know ( sadly living here , I know far too many) don't rate him  and don't think he isn't good enough for them

not that it means anything of course as they are all somewhat deluded

While that is no doubt true, Barca and Real wouldn't play with ten men - and they'd replace both with strikers...

While that is no doubt true, Barca and Real wouldn't play with ten men - and they'd replace both with strikers...

true but would Benema, Higuain or Villa hit more than 25/30 a season

I don't think Benzema or Higuain would be Real's first choice if they sold Ronnie. They'd buy someone else. Those 2 are backups. But no I don't think they'd get 25/30. Villa, yes, I believe would get that many when fit. I think we forget how amazing he is.

*was* is the word. He was brilliant before he got his transfer to Barcelona and has been in decline since then. Really needs a transfer to reinvigorate himself or really should have went Madrid instead of Barcelona.

maybe as a replacement for Falcao be interesting

*was* is the word. He was brilliant before he got his transfer to Barcelona and has been in decline since then. Really needs a transfer to reinvigorate himself or really should have went Madrid instead of Barcelona.

maybe as a replacement for Falcao be interesting

It's only his situation at Barca that has his stock low. The player himself is still sensational. He'd get his move and you'd go "oh yeah now I remember" :)

I remember how great he was. Practically dragged Spain to World Cup in 2010 but I think his leg break has reduced his speed a bit and Barcelona prefer to play some duds like Alexis or Pedro ahead of him when VIlla can play on wing.

Also the Messi problem occurs were centre forwards cant thrive as might damage Messi, again Eto'o, Zlatan forced out and now probably Villa

Yeah I agree with that. But in a situation where we've specifically removed Messi from Barca, Villa could step in and score 30 where in the past he might've scored 45.

I remember how great he was. Practically dragged Spain to World Cup in 2010 but I think his leg break has reduced his speed a bit and Barcelona prefer to play some duds like Alexis or Pedro ahead of him when VIlla can play on wing.

Also the Messi problem occurs were centre forwards cant thrive as might damage Messi, again Eto'o, Zlatan forced out and now probably Villa

The Messi "problem"? Never heard it put that way before. 

Without Suarez's goals Liverpool would have finished 7th. 

Yeah Suarez seems to have a bit of the van Nistelrooys about him. Loads of goals yet holding the side back. They'd probably flourish without him like they did at the end of the season. We'll probably see soon enough.

The Messi "problem"? Never heard it put that way before. 

Without Suarez's goals Liverpool would have finished 7th. 

You could make an argument that Barcelona are putting all their eggs in one basket when Messi is in the team, everything goes through him and if he gets injured they are up shit creek without a paddle.  See the Champions League semi final vs Bayern.  

I think the signing of Neymar has been made to address that.  Maybe Barca will go back to the 2009 philosophy of having multiple points of attack, I mean as good as the 70 and 60 goal seasons have been for Messi individually I think Barcelona were a better team when Eto'o and Henry were given license to score goals too. 

Â