The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

Last season Ronaldo became the first player to score against every team in La Liga in the same season.

This season, Messi became the first player to do it consecutively.

Everything Ronaldo does Messi does better  ;). Seriously though its a privilege to watch two of the best players ever play at the same time.

In fairness does it matter if he scores against 19 different teams? I think the mere fact he's scored in 19 in a row is the impressive stat, it doesn't really matter that they were all against different teams does it? If they'd played, say, Deportivo, twice in that run, but not Granada and then he scored v Granada in a month after his injury, would it make much difference?

(Apologies the above may not make sense)

It only matters because Ronaldo did it unconsecutively last season.

As the Football Ramble said, I can just imagine Messi ringing Ronaldo

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

"Ola"

".....consecutively"

*click-doooooooooooo*

In fairness does it matter if he scores against 19 different teams? I think the mere fact he's scored in 19 in a row is the impressive stat, it doesn't really matter that they were all against different teams does it? If they'd played, say, Deportivo, twice in that run, but not Granada and then he scored v Granada in a month after his injury, would it make much difference?

(Apologies the above may not make sense)

I think it's fairly significant.  Scoring against every opposition team in the division in a season is a quite incredible achievement. 

maybe not an interesting stat but for a guy that had a great scoring record in Premier LEague, Tim Cahill has just 3 goals in his last 61 league games

When your legs go, they go, is the lesson to be learned.

maybe not an interesting stat but for a guy that had a great scoring record in Premier LEague, Tim Cahill has just 3 goals in his last 61 league games

When you're legs go you need to use your head more. Eg. Teddy Sherringham.

true but commentator said he is scoring regularly for Australia 

Hinckley United are bottom of the Conference North.

They have 3 points and a -99 GD.

They won for the first time this season tonight! 

It was the second time they had won this season. I think they got 3 points took off them for not for filling a fixture.

Â