Weekends football 9th,10th March

VillaForever1970

But it wasn't a dive though, was it? He got clattered by BAE.

He really didn't. There was contact yes, but similar to Sturridge before that it just was not enough to make him trip over let alone fly like he did.

the thing is when Germany had a stinking Euro 2000 the governing body demanded all the clubs upgraded their youth facilities to help bring through players. this is not ajust a stroke of luck but through serious planning.

England have had 2 or 3 miserable tournaments in a row and the FA are still sitting on their arses

And yet Germany and German clubs have won very little since then. Arguable won of their least successful periods in God knows how long.

the thing is when Germany had a stinking Euro 2000 the governing body demanded all the clubs upgraded their youth facilities to help bring through players. this is not ajust a stroke of luck but through serious planning.

England have had 2 or 3 miserable tournaments in a row and the FA are still sitting on their arses

And yet Germany and German clubs have won very little since then. Arguable won of their least successful periods in God knows how long.

true though they are only really seeing the majority of these young players come through now. their team of recent years has been mainly from tapping into their "foreign" germans like Ozil, Khedira and Klose 

Yeah the next few years will see the German teams really dominate in Europe imo. A lot of their star players are still young and the league is only getting stronger.

Whether or not they can do it internationally is another matter. Spain are still head and shoulders above everyone else when it comes to tournaments.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I'd argue that it could well be the other way round.  Bayern are developing into a major force again so will be right up there, and Dortmund are obviously strong, too.  However, BVB still have some obstacles to overcome before they can consistently compete at the top level, including what remains of their financial problems and, in the very near future, how they deal with the loss of Lewandowski.  There are other decent German clubs but none outside the aforementioned two - in my opinion, of course - are of a comparable quality to the likes of Real, Barça, the Manchester clubs, Spurs, Chelsea, Juventus, and arguably a handful of others.

Overall though, the German league is certainly getting stronger.  I'm just not sure it'll develop fully into Europe's dominant league within the next few years.  But yes, it could well be on a par with the best before too long.  In some ways it already is the best (the fans are **** brilliant) but competitively it still has some way to go.

That said, there are plenty of German players who are developing into real stars with a lot of quality.  There are plenty with fantastic tactical and technical ability.  Spain already have this, but have arguably past their peak.  Xavi will be 34 by the next World Cup.  Although he'll still possess great ability, his stamina is on the decline and he's been having problems with injuries.  Alonso is still a wonderful player but also firmly the wrong side of 30.  Puyol will be 36, and although Ramos and Piqué are still a formidable partnership, the Spanish defence could well be seen as weaker overall (despite Jordi Alba's development).  Villa and Torres aren't the force that they used to be, and the likes of Pedro, Fabregas and Silva are talented but can be prone to some inconsistency.  Furthermore, good sides are working out how to play against Barcelona, and this will also affect the methods that Spain's opponents will adopt in international matches.

Currently, Spain are the best international team, without question.  However, by Brazil 2014, I think that Germany could really give them a run for their money (and obviously the home side and the-one-with-Messi-in will be contenders, too).  In terms of European club competition, though, I think that German clubs are getting stronger but will struggle to 'dominate' in the foreseeable future (although I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bayern win one or two Champions League titles in the next few years).

Millwall 0-0 Blackburn.

Hideous game of football, neither of them even deserve nil. I reckon the passing accuracy would've been between 50 and 60%. Shocking.

was watching the game today and I didnt recognise half that Blackburn team, considering they played Premier League last year I think only 2 or 3 of that squad are 1st team players now

That could be us next season. 

That's us this season if we are being honest about things. How many fans of other club could name our starting XI of the top of their heads?

That's us this season if we are being honest about things. How many fans of other club could name our starting XI of the top of their heads?

They can't even get the names right of the ones they think they do know. I've heard various pundits/fans of other teams call Guzan 'Guzman'.

Â