The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

• 5 weeks later...

Loads of guitar tutor books on the market, but also use the web - YouTube, etc. 

Learn three chords and conquer the world! 

BTW I bought my daughter (yes, #1) a mandolin for xmas, and she is currently studying "Mandolin for Dummies". 

EDIT: 

1503908_10203087343767188_142255770_n.jp

Edited by mjmooney

Loads of guitar tutor books on the market, but also use the web - YouTube, etc.

Learn three chords and conquer the world!

BTW I bought my daughter (yes, #1) a mandolin for xmas, and she is currently studying "Mandolin for Dummies".

cheers for that moon the loon. Mandolin for dummies???

Got my son his first drum-kit, going from a electric one. Bloody hell what a technical exercise putting that thing together.

As a total musical retard myself I love the fact that my kids has dived into it all head first. Oboe, Clarinet, Pipe-organ, Drums and singing currently. Absolutely no sports in our house :-)

1512581_687842647914485_550968557_n.jpg?

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Yep, its the Export series. They bundled the cymbals at the store and I thought what the hell, it's the easiest thing to upgrade if they are cack. To my uneducated ear they sound ok.

B3YXpX5.jpg

The room is in the basement with thick concrete walls and I've promised myself not to whine about the leaking noise. Skipping soundpads for now and concentrate on curtains and carpets :)

Hey Mr Mooney; Check out 'Summer Breeze' Seals and Crofts, on youtube - I can't seem to cut and paste it to here; is that a mandolin ?

PS - did you know that this was the original and not the Isley Brothers ?

Hey Mr Mooney; Check out 'Summer Breeze' Seals and Crofts, on youtube - I can't seem to cut and paste it to here; is that a mandolin ?

PS - did you know that this was the original and not the Isley Brothers ?

I did know that S&C was the original, yes. 

I'll have to listen to it again to check for mando action. 

The mandolin was a great success. 

She's learned a few chords, so I got my guitar out last night and we had a blast playing stuff by The Band, Nickel Creek, Dylan, etc. 

Family band FTW. 

• Like 2

hmm doubly cheesed off with one of the prezzies I got one of my nippers

Wanted an extended arm cymbal stand, bought it off amazon and mistakenly didn't get it out of the box for a pre Christmas look.

Now it's up it doesn't have the extending arm, it's a stubby. It does the job 'ok' but I'm cheesed off the 1. I didn't check it first and 2. that I've now found what I wanted to buy, cheaper and better quality in a local music shop.

The hassle of an amazon return means we'll probably end up with both in about an hour's time when I've been brooding on it for long enough.

Been meaning to post some pics on here for a while.

DSCN0021_zpsf96a6f38.jpg?t=1388337434

'68 Reissue MIJ Strat.

DSCN0022_zpsa0d546ab.jpg?t=1388337542

Cheeky Villa sticker on the back, p*sses everybody off at Uni  B)

DSCN0023_zps0269ade7.jpg?t=1388337660

Warwick Corvette

DSCN0018_zps1c51e183.jpg?t=1388337309

May post some more of my other stuff at some point, but these are definitely my favourite bits of kit  :)

Â