Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

I was initially very skeptical of the intruder defence. I still am. But the guy is, even in SA and even during a trial by media, innocent until proven guilty. Whilst that particular set of "coincidences" as you call them are highly unlikely, they don't seem all that ridiculous to me.

the thing is DDID what seems ridiculous to me

three shots were fired through the bathroom right? surely after one shot he would have heard a female scream? why he continue to do another two?

Things seem to be swinging back in Pistorious' favour at the moment.

Victim had empty bladder at time of death, consistent with someone getting up to go to the toilet.

Testosterone found to be legal herbal remedy.

Nearest neighbour claiming to have heard argument lives over 600m away.

["quote= name=peterms" post="885257" timestamp="1361313850]

I don't know if it's me or the quoting system, but I'm having great difficulty replying to things

without changing who said what, and that's   feeding through to posts which quote anything I've quoted... Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

Things seem to be swinging back in Pistorious' favour at the moment.

Victim had empty bladder at time of death, consistent with someone getting up to go to the toilet.

Testosterone found to be legal herbal remedy.

Nearest neighbour claiming to have heard argument lives over 600m away.

It still makes no sense that she was dressed and it might be strange to have an empty bladder at 3am if you had been sleeping but not if you were up arguing all night, she could have gone to the toilet at any time.

Seems the prosecution aren't doing such a great job of arguing their case. Perhaps they don't have one.

I doubt Pistorius will need a crack shot team of lawyers to get out of this one. It seems all he has to do is tell the 'truth'.

Does this mean that you think he's innocent, or that you think the truth alone won't be enough to convict him of murder, despite being guilty?

Seems the prosecution aren't doing such a great job of arguing their case. Perhaps they don't have one.

I doubt Pistorius will need a crack shot team of lawyers to get out of this one. It seems all he has to do is tell the 'truth'.

Does this mean that you think he's innocent, or that you think the truth alone won't be enough to convict him of murder, despite being guilty?

I actually don't know. Obviously he killed her, we know that much. Did he intend to kill her? Probably. I think it was a moment of insanity, literally a split second brain fart with dire consequences. I think he's a violent man but I don't think he's a psychopath. I think he can be rehabilitated rather than locking him up and throwing away the key.

I think...

Obviously I have no idea how the case is going to pan out. However, there seems to be a LOT of reasonable doubt. He'll be convicted of Manslaughter IMO and get a fairly hefty sentence befitting that crime.

I was initially very skeptical of the intruder defence. I still am. But the guy is, even in SA and even during a trial by media, innocent until proven guilty. Whilst that particular set of "coincidences" as you call them are highly unlikely, they don't seem all that ridiculous to me.

the thing is DDID what seems ridiculous to me

three shots were fired through the bathroom right? surely after one shot he would have heard a female scream? why he continue to do another two?

If you shoot a gun , especially indoors, without wearing ear defenders then your hearing is going to be impaired for a short time . You get that loud ringing sensation .

You know how many people say if they found out their girlfriend was cheating they'd kill her?

Well, this man is a South African with a gun.

I wouldn't be surprised, lets put it that way. I'm sure we've all heard the story of how he almost shot his friend in the foot? Complete accident, but it's a different world over there.

I think this could be deja vu OJ simpson mark 2

It's looking that way.

Minted famous athlete hires best lawyers available, and outperforms less good prosecution team.

Thing is, he won't just 'get off'. Aa I mentioned earlier, what's the least he can get? Maybe manslaughter?

You don't just get 'let off' for 'accidentally/mistakenly' killing someone.

He'll do time. Just depends how much.

The prosecution are having a bit of a mare. There's a lot of non verified, subjective statements being ripped into by the defence.

"Botha admits to magistrate that he "didn't read the whole name" when claiming testosterone found. Botha on ropes, floundering."

To be fair, testoconpasupium is quite a long word.  You can see how someone might lose interest part way through.

Â