Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

I still can't get my head around why an intruder would be locking themselves in pistorious' tiny loo .... Why would they do that? Surely they'd come to rob?

It's not unheard of for burglars to defecate during their work due to nerves. I should be a lawyer.

• Like 1

Has Pistorius been asked exactly why he thought it was an intruder instead of the other person he knew was in the house (but apparently wasn't sure where she was at that moment)? Pistorius said he shouted at the person before firing his gun. Wouldn't his girlfriend have replied and thus identified herself?

I can only imagine hearing a noise from my ensuite at 3am and me shouting "Oi burglar, F*UCK OFF!" Only to hear a bemused reply from my wife - "Go back to bed love, I'm having a wee". These things must work differently south of the equator. 

Initially it was said the cricket bat was blood soaked, that line now seems to have been dropped and the bat is only referred to in smashing the door in . Whatever's gone on he must have been seriously pumped to be swinging a bat and firing a gun at someone four times. Did he leave 2 bullets in the chamber ? Did he have to reload ? What sort of gun ?

I'd imagine they already know if the bat was used to hit her. If he hit her with a cricket bat hard enough to draw blood then it would be pretty obvious.

I'm guessing he didn't, or that would surely have been one of the first things mentioned at his hearing.

Yeah I know. But they're still outlinging what they think happened, i.e. him putting on his legs, walking 7 metres, firing shots through the door. It's a hearing to stop him getting bail.

You think they'd mention the fact he smashed her head in with a cricket bat, or even the possibility of it, if it had happened.

Yeah I know. But they're still outlinging what they think happened, i.e. him putting on his legs, walking 7 metres, firing shots through the door. It's a hearing to stop him getting bail.

You think they'd mention the fact he smashed her head in with a cricket bat, or even the possibility of it, if it had happened.

Won't all that come out today Ben? Today is prosection day, so presumbaly we'll hear a fair bit of evidence from their POV.

Possibly. But I would still have imagined it being mentioned already given what's already been mentioned.
From what i've heard there doesn't seem to be much debate around the fact that the bat was used to break the door down.

I guess they're going to tear his version of events to strips and he's going to spend most of the day blubbing.

The fact that he has spent most of his adult life campaigning to compete as an able bodied athlete and he is using his 'disability' to try and keep himself out of prison is a bloody joke. I hope they ram it down his throat.

I guess they're going to tear his version of events to strips and he's going to spend most of the day blubbing.

The fact that he has spent most of his adult life campaigning to compete as an able bodied athlete and he is using his 'disability' to try and keep himself out of prison is a bloody joke. I hope they ram it down his throat.

http://newsthump.com/2013/02/14/pistorius-determined-to-be-tried-as-an-able-bodied-murder-suspect/

Edited by Jon

http://newsthump.com/2013/02/14/pistorius-determined-to-be-tried-as-an-able-bodied-murder-suspect/

Ok, fair enough. I expect the reports I heard were in keeping with the Chinese whispers that seem to be associated with this case. I heard that one of the reasons his legal team were using to keep him out of prison (bail) were the fact he is disabled.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Ok, fair enough. I expect the reports I heard were in keeping with the Chinese whispers that seem to be associated with this case. I heard that one of the reasons his legal team were using to keep him out of prison (bail) were the fact he is disabled.

:suspect:

That's a spoof website Tamuff. :P

Oh dear :D I only read the first few lines and assumed it was legit (I'm at work so have the screen minimised right down).

South African paralympian star Oscar Pistorius has spoken of his determination to be treated like an able bodied murder suspect after his arrest for allegedly shooting his girlfriend.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

A neighbour heard arguing all night. She was fully dressed when she was shot at 3am. The bullet wounds down her right hand side don't fit someone who is sitting on the toilet from the direction the shots came from. It seems more like she was cowering side on.

His story that they were both sleeping is looking dodgy already.

Edited by LondonLax

We know for certain that OP killed Steenkamp. The legal stuff now is just working out whether or not it was anything between "premeditated murder" or a tragic case of mistaken identity. My money he will be convicted of "Culpable Homicide" do <18 months porridge and be out fit and raring to go in time for Rio 2016.

Â