Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

Wait til his "previous" comes out at the full trial. That should nail the bastard. No way will the prosecution show all their cards at a bail hearing.

What "previous" is that then? The fact that a handgun went off in a restaurant as it was being handed to him? The (unsubstantiated) case of him getting into a barney at a bar over a girl and threatening someone? Or are you ITK about his other murders?

christ id hate to be up against a jury with some of you lot. The speed of condemnation by snippets of info is insane. Feel like 12 Angry Men should be mandatory viewing for trials like this. I have no idea how guilty he is, maybe he is but the way narratives here are cemented is ridiculous. Pre empting any potential "soft" sentence by assuming he d "get away with it"...

Speaking of juries, I quite like this little glimpse into the thinking of the jury in the Vicky Pryce trial today:

Pryce jury also ask if they can reach a verdict for a reason not

presented in court &for which there are no facts or evidence.

Judge: no

:clap:  :lol:

The Jury have also been reading the Heil?

Wait til his "previous" comes out at the full trial. That should nail the bastard. No way will the prosecution show all their cards at a bail hearing.

What "previous" is that then? The fact that a handgun went off in a restaurant as it was being handed to him? The (unsubstantiated) case of him getting into a barney at a bar over a girl and threatening someone? Or are you ITK about his other murders?

He's ITK. Been to Tesco again probably.

• Like 2

I hope your never on a jury CI, you'll read something in the Daily Mail before going into court and have your mind made up.

The British jury system has already had 2 weeks of my time, I am exempt for a while now

I hope your never on a jury CI, you'll read something in the Daily Mail before going into court and have your mind made up.

The British jury system has already had 2 weeks of my time, I am exempt for a while now

Oh god, someone banged up for something they didn't do.

Oh god, someone banged up for something they didn't do.

Either that  or he let off some guilty as **** murdering rapist.

Ha neither, after 8 days of listening to barristers, witnesses, the judge once or twice, various breaks, deliberating and general **** about, the judge woke up and threw the case out. What a waste of taxpayers money.

If he doesn't get banged up for this it will be the worst trial since O.J Simpson.

His defence is the worst I have ever heard. His excuse is so shit he may as well have said " Wolves did it".

If he doesn't get banged up for this it will be the worst trial since O.J Simpson.

I don't think so.

I think he did it (based on what I've heard). BUt htinking he did it isn't enough.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets away with it through lack of evidence.

Of course, none of us really know either way at the moment.

Main cop botha who was on the stand yesterday himself facing a murder charge. You couldnt make it up! Crazy south africans

Almost, he is facing 7 charges of attempted murder and has now been dropped from the case.

I fully expect the judge to down grade the charge from level 6 to 5 today, which removes the premeditated part and I also expect he will grant bail.

Anyone remember the OJ Simpson case when the defence realised quite early on in the trial that the only way they had a chance of winning was to completely discredit and destroy the reputation of the lead officer? I remember they delved right back into Mark Fuhrman's past and discovered he had previously been cautioned for using racist language. Albeit this is fairly topical being a pending trial but their defence will surely centre on the unreliability of believing someone who himself is on a charge

Main cop botha who was on the stand yesterday himself facing a murder charge. You couldnt make it up! Crazy south africans

Almost, he is facing 7 charges of attempted murder and has now been dropped from the case.

I fully expect the judge to down grade the charge from level 6 to 5 today, which removes the premeditated part and I also expect he will grant bail.

Yeah, I think he should gat bail TBH, for 2 reasons:

a. He's not  risk to the public at large - he's not going to go around trying to kill other people.

b. He's not a flight risk. He's oscar pistorious - how's he going to 'vanish'.

The prosection really need to pull their fingers out here. It's smacking of massive incompetence/corruption already. I'd like to hear more about this 'witness' who lived over half a kilometer away who apparently 'heard it all'. :huh:

he is facing 7 charges of attempted murder and has now been dropped from the case.

Reports now say otherwise:

The prosecution said they were unaware of the charges against the detective when they put him on the stand in court to explain why Pistorius should not be given bail yesterday.

Malila said that police learned yesterday that the charges against Botha and the two others had been reinstated by the director of public prosecutions. They had initially been dropped following the shooting

incident. He said police were waiting for details from the Botha case file from the prosecutor.

Medupe Simasiku, the spokesman for the prosecutors charging Pistorius with premeditated murder, could not say how the charges against Botha would affect their case against Pistorius.

Jacaranda FM are now reporting that Hilton Botha and the police have both denied dropping Botha from the case.

But the police will be bringing in a "provincial task force" to "bolster" the prosecution's case against Pistorius, the radio station says.

Leaving aside the seemingly negligent quality of the investigation so far (police contaminating the scene with unprotected shoes, failing to find a bullet, letting family and friends wander through the property removing items), how could he not be suspended when facing such a charge?  Bizarre.

Â