2013 Holiday Plans

Xela

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Bulgaria yesterday, found it both very nice and very annoying in equal measure, the pros were the cost of eating out for very good meals with beer was so cheap we ate out twice a day, the locals were largely friendly and happy to help with advice etc, the cons were every shop sold the same shite and the influx of British people only there to get pissed ruined going into bars on an evening.

Barcelona in 2 weeks for me. Another stag do so only there for 3 days ish (Arrive on Friday, leave Monday Night) but cannot wait.

It was so SO much better than I'd expected.

I expected it to be good, but Barcelona really blew me away. Favourite city I've been to by a mile.

• Like 1

Interesting  ... do you mean from a drinkers paradise pov or the whole package ?

I wasn't that blown away if I'm honest

on the drinking front Las Ramblas was just full of hookers  , Port Olimpic was good but expensive 

the Gaudi building is off it's face and quite interesting and the area around Espanyol ground and the Olympic village were pleasant enough  , but I'd rate Paris over Barcelona if I was being honest

Barcelona in 2 weeks for me. Another stag do so only there for 3 days ish (Arrive on Friday, leave Monday Night) but cannot wait.

It was so SO much better than I'd expected.

I expected it to be good, but Barcelona really blew me away. Favourite city I've been to by a mile.

and me, been twice, once with the lads drinking and once with the missus, was a very different city when i was with the missus!

been about 6 years since i last went so will have to go back

Interesting  ... do you mean from a drinkers paradise pov or the whole package ?

I wasn't that blown away if I'm honest

on the drinking front Las Ramblas was just full of hookers  , Port Olimpic was good but expensive 

the Gaudi building is off it's face and quite interesting and the area around Espanyol ground and the Olympic village were pleasant enough  , but I'd rate Paris over Barcelona if I was being honest

Everything to be honest.

Nightlife was insane. Didn't drink on La Rambla but did do a small bar crawl along the bars that are nearby (bottom of Rambla and left at the Columbus monument, along there). Port Olimpic was expensive but brilliant.

But I just really liked the city and the way of life there seems great. Hard to explain but it just seemed like a really cool place.

Only encountered 2 hookers all weekend to be honest. The street sellers were way way more irritating! 

But remember I'm a lot lot less travelled than you are. I've never even been to Paris, for example. So it doesn't take much to blow me away :)

• Like 1

Off to Hurghada in the morning :)

What hotel?

Premier Le Reve, impressed so far, very good service.

Nice :-)

I stopped here last year

http://www.fortarabesque.com/

Was decent. I always like a week in Egypt every year... just sun and sleep! Can't go wrong. Hurghada town itself is a bit boring, not really worth the trip into it.

Â