2013 Holiday Plans

Xela

No Morpheus but thanks for heads up, looking to book a holiday for may. Last few years in April may time weve been out to Tenerife , last year we got a cracking deal at Del Duque - what a place !

May look at what you've suggested later , Cheers

No problem. If you're looking for a quiet holiday in plush friendly surroundings with great weather look no further.

Am hopefully off to the Maldives tomorrow morning, assuming that the weather doesn't cause any major airport disruptions.

Should be fun.

So envious man. Its where i've always wanted to go and my dream destination.

I go to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria every year. Weather always good and have become friends with some of the locals. 

Yeah it's absolutely beautiful, I would encourage anyone to go there atleast once. Not sure how I'm going to get back out there, but I know I'll make my way back there one day.

Ever stayed in a water bungalow? Thats the way i'd want to do it. What is the actual cost of getting out there?

Am hopefully off to the Maldives tomorrow morning, assuming that the weather doesn't cause any major airport disruptions.

Should be fun.

I go to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria every year. Weather always good and have become friends with some of the locals. 

Yeah it's absolutely beautiful, I would encourage anyone to go there atleast once. Not sure how I'm going to get back out there, but I know I'll make my way back there one day.

Ever stayed in a water bungalow? Thats the way i'd want to do it. What is the actual cost of getting out there?

My advice would be not to do it, stay on the island and get your own stretch of beach. It tends to be cheaper too, coming in at about £1000 p/w for the accommodation.

Anyone been to Salou before?

The stag do I'm attending in July has changed from Teneriffe to Salou. I'm assuming (by the fact that our sports tours at uni used to go there) it'll be just like other "brits abroad" places? Am I right?

Anyone been to Salou before?

The stag do I'm attending in July has changed from Teneriffe to Salou. I'm assuming (by the fact that our sports tours at uni used to go there) it'll be just like other "brits abroad" places? Am I right?

Yeah I went there last may, best holiday I've ever had, there's a Fair few English run bars but the majority of the tourists were French with it being close to the french border, the porta Ventura theme park and water park are brilliant if your into that sort of thing. Nightlife, can't remember many nightclubs but the bars stay open into the morning, id recomend uncle sams as a place to eat, the food there was incredible and very well priced. There's the usual Irish bar which was shite.

Your only an hour away from Barcelona too.

I'm off to Barcelona in June for another stag too :D

Yeah Porta Ventura is the reason we're now going to Salou. The stag is into theme parks so wanted to go somewhere that had a decent theme park and was still good for a piss up.

I'd have rather somewhere other than Spain, seeing as it'll be my 3rd trip to Spain (or a Spanish island) in as many months... but I'm sure I'll get over it.

In that case, the best water park is in salou, not port Ventura (where the theme and water parks are combined but you pay for each), but the lines for the rides were ok, a few hours in the waterpark was adequate. You could spend all day in the theme park.

Beer was anything from €1.50 to €3.50, you could get 12 cans of estrella or mahou for €3.99 in the shops though.

Much appreciated.

The best man and groom are a bit boring to be honest (they really are going mainly for the theme parks :D ) so I think I'll be leading the charge out to the bars and clubs.

I'm prepared to go solo :)

Should be fun.

I go to Taurito right by Puerto Mogan every year :)

Have you actually visited Mogan? They call it 'Little Venice' for good reason Stefan.

We would normally get the ferry from Puerto Rico on a Friday as its market day in Mogan. The ferry stops halfway between Puerto Rico and Mogan to feed the fish and then on arriving in Mogan we go for lunch in one of the small bars overlooking the harbour.

Has anyone ever changed money at birmingham airport? Found a really good rate online if you order beforehand and pick up on the day?

i've ordered money on-line (and paid for it) and picked it up at Travelex at Brum airport before. Worked like clockwork. All I needed to do was show them the card I had paid for it with.

Has anyone ever changed money at birmingham airport? Found a really good rate online if you order beforehand and pick up on the day?

i've ordered money on-line (and paid for it) and picked it up at Travelex at Brum airport before. Worked like clockwork. All I needed to do was show them the card I had paid for it with.

Yeah that's the one, you get 40lev more for the same cost elsewhere. Definitely doing this then

I always use Travelex (but fly out of Manchester).  It's a great service and their currency card is good too if you don't want all cash.

Sign up for their newsletter too as they occasionally do a happy hour where you get an even better rate.

Â