2013 Holiday Plans

Xela

st petersburg in september, going with the family, i think my mom has found a hotel / restaurant called villa aston and is hell bent on taking me despite it not reviewing too well (why isnt that surprising!)

other than that weekends away, blackpool for wigan away, not sure at work if we are doing truck festival on the cheap or berlin for a few days and i want to drive the road in scotland that is in skyfall in the summer

• 1 month later...

bump

right chaps, my finger is on the confirm button about to book a week in portugal in early june, albufeira to be exact, the hotel hasnt got a single bad review and there seems to be loads to do in the towns and stuff, the only thing thats going against it at the moment is a few people have commentated how it is becoming like benidorm and very british, skin heads and beer bellys a few have said, is it really like that?

ive booked st petersburg and sent off for the visa, staying in the villa hotel, restaurant next door has a "hunting" menu -

bear burger

carpaccio of beaver

wild boar dumplings

elk dumplings

reindeer chops

stewed beaver in milk

im all over that! think im gonna have to try bear, bit disappointed its a burger though

bump

right chaps, my finger is on the confirm button about to book a week in portugal in early june, albufeira to be exact, the hotel hasnt got a single bad review and there seems to be loads to do in the towns and stuff, the only thing thats going against it at the moment is a few people have commentated how it is becoming like benidorm and very british, skin heads and beer bellys a few have said, is it really like that?

Depends what you're after? I'd recommend Sagres, the most westerly tip of Europe. It's very much the Cornwall of the Algarve in my eyes.

bump

This may be a little narrow minded, but I can only go on my own experiences.

Having been to Albufeira, I can definitely confirm that it is a nice place to go. But it is pretty much just like any other area heavily affected by (British) tourism. You would do well to be able to distinguish between the Algarve, Majorca, Benidorm (it's not quite that bad) or any other pro-forma European beach destination. You will have to go searching if you want to get a sense of being in Portugal.

ive booked st petersburg and sent off for the visa, staying in the villa hotel, restaurant next door has a "hunting" menu -

bear burger

carpaccio of beaver

wild boar dumplings

elk dumplings

reindeer chops

stewed beaver in milk

im all over that! think im gonna have to try bear, bit disappointed its a burger though

I've tried all of those apart from Beaver ( snigger)

have to let us know what it tastes like

PS

try the  horseradish Vodka

I'm going to Australia in December, my gf's grandma has paid for 7 of us to go and stay in a cottage in Apollo Bay just south of Melbourne for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it, except I'll be missing the traditional Christmas dinner which is kind of shit.

Booked a week in Tallinn in April. 

Very excited, anyone been?

Yeah nice city. Go to the cellar bar in the old town hall in the main square, very cool.

I'm going to Australia in December, my gf's grandma has paid for 7 of us to go and stay in a cottage in Apollo Bay just south of Melbourne for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it, except I'll be missing the traditional Christmas dinner which is kind of shit.

Do you like cricket? The ashes will be on whilst you're there.

Yeah nice city. Go to the cellar bar in the old town hall in the main square, very cool.

>I'm going to Australia in December, my gf's grandma has paid for 7 of us to go and stay in a cottage in Apollo Bay just south of Melbourne for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it, except I'll be missing the traditional Christmas dinner which is kind of shit.

Unfortunately I find it more boring than Golf, on the other hand I do like a drink so I'm sure I could entertain myself for a few hours. Reckon tickets would be hard to come by though?

>>I'm going to Australia in December, my gf's grandma has paid for 7 of us to go and stay in a cottage in Apollo Bay just south of Melbourne for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it, except I'll be missing the traditional Christmas dinner which is kind of

shit.lockquote>

Unfortunately I find it more boring than Golf, on the other hand I do like a drink so I'm sure I could entertain myself for a few hours. Reckon tickets would be hard to come by though?

No idea, the MCG is absolutely massive so I'm sure you would be able to get in if you wanted to. Even if you don't like cricket a test match with a good atmosphere is a cracking day out.

Edited by chappy

decided against portugal after during the booking process i was told the price of the flights had gone up and the holiday would now cost £290 more so i put the phone down.

going to bulgaria now. the 45p per pint price over there has swayed my decision massively.

decided against portugal after during the booking process i was told the price of the flights had gone up and the holiday would now cost £290 more so i put the phone down.

going to bulgaria now. the 45p per pint price over there has swayed my decision massively.

Still going in early June? Am going next month for my stag do so will report back.

Â