2013 Holiday Plans

Xela

The MCG is impressive, regardless of whether you're a sports fan or not.

Yeah it looks massive! 

Have you got any recommendations on things to do in Melbourne, Ghost? We're staying in Apollo Bay on Great Ocean Road but will be travelling to Melbourne a few times I think.

Well, that's Sharm booked for October :)

Where art thou staying, pray tell?

Here:

http://www.savoy-sharm.com/sierra/

Seems to have good reviews :)

Ooh you bastard, that place looks the business.

Having spent 7 nights here now, I can confirm it is indeed the business. Wonderful hotel.

• Like 1

Yeah it looks massive! 

Have you got any recommendations on things to do in Melbourne, Ghost? We're staying in Apollo Bay on Great Ocean Road but will be travelling to Melbourne a few times I think.

Nice one. I haven't been to Apollo Bay but I'd imagine you'll probably spend a fair bit of time down at the beaches there - supposed to be quite good.

In terms of touristy stuff to do in Melbourne; I'd recommend hitching a ride on the City Circle Tram, which is a free hop-on hop-off service that does loops of the city. You get a good overview that way.

Stuff like Flinder's Street Station, Eureka Skydeck, Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Queen Victoria Market are good places to visit. If you can get down to the MCG on a day when the cricket isn't on, I'd recommend a tour and a visit to the Sports Museum. If you're into art, the National Gallery of Victoria is pretty good or a visit to A.C.M.I.

You can do wine tasting at some wineries in the Yarra Valley as well if that's something you're interested in.

Edited by Ghost

Yeah it looks massive! 

Nice one. I haven't been to Apollo Bay but I'd imagine you'll probably spend a fair bit of time down at the beaches there - supposed to be quite good.

In terms of touristy stuff to do in Melbourne; I'd recommend hitching a ride on the City Circle Tram, which is a free hop-on hop-off service that does loops of the city. You get a good overview that way.

Stuff like Flinder's Street Station, Eureka Skydeck, Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Queen Victoria Market are good places to visit. If you can get down to the MCG on a day when the cricket isn't on, I'd recommend a tour and a visit to the Sports Museum. If you're into art, the National Gallery of Victoria is pretty good or a visit to A.C.M.I.

You can do wine tasting at some wineries in the Yarra Valley as well if that's something you're interested in.

Thanks for the tips mate, much appreciated. Yeah we'll probably spend a lot of time at the beaches, although I'm freaking out about going in the sea after seeing a few stories about sharks lol

Â