2013 Holiday Plans

Xela

So what are your 2013 holiday plans? There have been quite a few threads about your favourite cities and travel experiences but what does the year ahead bring?

For me.. off to Thailand and Hong Kong in 10 days. Only a whistle stop break though... 5 days in each as i'm meeting up with a mate who is travelling around Asia. 

Not sure about the rest of the year. Got lots of ideas but I'm at the age now where lots of my mates are settling down and having kids so I may have to start going away on my own! I'd like to see Japan this year. Also fancy the idea of a train journey across Europe. Plus a week in the sun somewhere... maybe Barbados. 

Ultimately depends on what my bonus is like next month. 

How about you guys?

• Like 1

Just finalising my main trip

Looks like Bali, Komodo, Sri Lanka , Dhaka and Bhutan ... Just toying with the idea of dropping Bhutan and going back to China instead

I've got a long weekend in April when the family are away and I'm trying to decide between Romania and Moldova or Belgrade and Skopje

And hopefully get a week with the family around June time , maybe Bermuda depends what's left in the holiday fund

Will be doing Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. Heading out at the end of March for 3 months, on my own!

Excellent! Never been to Laos but done the others (although I do need to spend more time in Vietnam).

You got a plan of action?

October flights booked, going to Vegas for 10 days, 5 nights on the strip and 5 downtown, probably The Plaza downtown, still deciding on the strip.

Golden nugget on Fremont is pretty decent and not to expensive ... You can stagger back to your room in minutes :-)

Will be doing Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. Heading out at the end of March for 3 months, on my own!

Excellent! Never been to Laos but done the others (although I do need to spend more time in Vietnam).

You got a plan of action?

I'm spending the first 5 weeks teaching English in Cambodia (get weekends off so will attempt to do some of the touristy stuff then), then I have 7 weeks to travel around the rest, not really got a plan yet but probably do it in the order I listed above, a few mates have been out there in the past so I'm considering various recommendations. Anywhere that is absolutely not to miss?

Looks like Bali, Komodo, Sri Lanka , Dhaka and Bhutan ... Just toying with the idea of dropping Bhutan and going back to China instead

I've got a long weekend in April when the family are away and I'm trying to decide between Romania and Moldova or Belgrade and Skopje

And hopefully get a week with the family around June time , maybe Bermuda depends what's left in the holiday fund

Why would you do such a thing? Bhutan looks like a dream destination for the discerning traveller.

Personally, am off to the Maldives in 6 weeks, and that'll be it for me until 2014.

October flights booked, going to Vegas for 10 days, 5 nights on the strip and 5 downtown, probably The Plaza downtown, still deciding on the strip.

Golden nugget on Fremont is pretty decent and not to expensive ... You can stagger back to your room in minutes :-)

I think its just that little bit more than the plaza to put it out of reach, unless a deal comes up via a dealbase email.

Bit of a crazy one for me this summer...

Starting off with 17 days in Spain / Portugal. Into and out of Madrid, but hiring a car and intend on seeing Andalucia / Southern Portugal and the Vineyards around Lisbon. This is with the Mrs and baby.

Then back for three days before I hit the Balkans: Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia for 10 days with my friends.

Epicness awaits!

Why would you do such a thing? Bhutan looks like a dream destination for the discerning traveller.

Personally, am off to the Maldives in 6 weeks, and that'll be it for me until 2014.

I was watching some show on Nat Geogrpahic about China at the time and there is still so much of it i want to see

but i'm back to the original plan of Bhutan again , bit of trekking and some rare bird watching amongst the temples and more temples

Keeping it simple, relaxing in the sun in June, looking at canary islands, taking the missus to Paris is September and probably look at a weekend bender in europe with some mates in November, Poland probably.

Â