Villa Fanfare?!?

VillaGoMarching

Now that we've finally won a game, we can get down to discussing serious stuff.

What on earth has happened to our fanfare that used to play just as the teams ran out? Not only do we have that shite foo fighters song, we have that laughable thunderbirds countdown.

Absolutely Gringeworthy.

There was a poll run by the official webshite at the start of the season asking what song fans wanted the team to run out to for the whole season. The overwhelming majority voted for "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. Not just a classic rock tune but a band hailing from Aston and made up of Villa fans.

After playing the song the fans voted for for a sum total of TWO GAMES (against Everton and Swansea) the powers that be got rid of it and replaced it firstly with silence and then with the "thunderbirds are go" clip followed by the awful foo fighters song (silence was better to be honest!).

Democracy, isnt it great?!

Whoever has inflicted that awful dirge on us (which is always played far too loud before kick off) should be taken out the back and shot along with the person who decided to turn "The Bells Are Ringing" into an embarassing soft rock number. I reckon Paul Faulkner has had something to do with both. 

I'm just desperately hoping that we remain "musicless" after a goal is scored.

I know they tried it once and there was so much uproar against the General for it that he made them stop it and it hasn't happened since.

But I still fear it's return, and with the General gone there'll be no-one to stop it.

Apart from Nicky Keye

There was a poll run by the official webshite at the start of the season asking what song fans wanted the team to run out to for the whole season. The overwhelming majority voted for "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. Not just a classic rock tune but a band hailing from Aston and made up of Villa fans.

After playing the song the fans voted for for a sum total of TWO GAMES (against Everton and Swansea) the powers that be got rid of it and replaced it firstly with silence and then with the "thunderbirds are go" clip followed by the awful foo fighters song (silence was better to be honest!).

Democracy, isnt it great?!

Whoever has inflicted that awful dirge on us (which is always played far too loud before kick off) should be taken out the back and shot along with the person who decided to turn "The Bells Are Ringing" into an embarassing soft rock number. I reckon Paul Faulkner has had something to do with both. 

Yep, the Foo Fighter is played much too loud - so much so that it just sounds like skanky electric guitars being abused, and desperate, muffled lyrics. Music is very polar and divides opinion so one has to be careful what you wish for and what you tolerate. Personally, just because Black Sabbath are Villa fans, doesn't mean that we should be subjected to it over the speakers.

Personally, I would prefer something more mainstream - but that is my opinion.

I'd happily go with 'Insomnia' by Faithless - actually a very good foot tapping tune. Or Energy 52s 'Cafe Del Mar...'  

More broadly, but keeping a Villa connection - try listening to Rider On The Storm, or Light My Fire as covered by our very own Nigel Kennedy with Jaz Coleman. Really nice classical covers of very soft rock music. Almost have a film score feel to them.

And certainly, NO THANKS to 'post goal' music. Heard enough of 'I Feel Good' at the Reebok over the years, and 'Tom Hark' anywhere else in the Midlands and across the Championship thanks. It's so very small time, and smacks of forcing your guests to celebrate your goal with them. No need for it.

Ditch the Foo Fighters please.

Edited by Raver50032

As someone said previously, music is obviously massively subjective and opinion will always be divided. Chances are your never going to get the 50 year old contemporary rock loving villa fan to agree with an 18 year old hip hop loving villa fan.

But with that being said, i thought both the foo fighters, black Sabbath tunes were crap and definitely not good entrance music. As for the bells are ringing, and the actual church bells that were played, id be happy if i never heard them again in my life. Anywhere.

The faithless tune yes is good, yes it gets the blood pumping, but baggies had it for ages, id rather be original.

I wouldn't mind the return of the fanfare, used to get the hairs on your neck stood on end, it even went well with the countdown.

Bring it back!

The recent inclusion of the instrumental version of Ghostriders pre-kick off has been a welcome change, although I'm sure they could have accommodated it with Theme from an Unmade Silent Movie (which I had rather started to like hearing pre-kickoff), rather than instead of. Oh to be a Villian is a very nice song too, and I enjoy hearing that before kick off, and just after the game.

The Thunderbirds thing is tolerable, but Foo Fighters is dog shit. Literally the only song worse I can think of that they could run out to would be Blue by Eiffel 65. Mine is another vote for Supernaut tbh. It's a cracking Sabbath song, and is not about mental illness, doesnt mention the devil, and doesnt directly reference drugs either, which may make it more suitable.

Edited by hogso

I absolutely detest the Thunderbirds countdown its so small
time and cheesey.

Now, at the risk of contradicting myself, theres a kind of operatic classical number that they play during some parts of Xfactor that would work quite well (usually during the start of the show intro when they have last weeks montage), its a bit the like the Champions League music but more pumped.

For some reason i think it might be Mars by Verdi or something, or Aida Triumphal March or someother poncey bollocks.

I think we need to start playing set tunes from about 15/10 mins before kick off - this could then include Theme from an Unmade Silent Movie (not that I like that but I accept it is iconic to villa fans - I preferred Don't let it Die by Hurricane Smith personally) , then some other great Villa inspired tune and finally,walk out again to Paranoid.   Really liked that, can't understand why it changed.   However, as for it all being too loud, we can't hardly hear it in the Witton Upper!!! AND whilst we're at it, what's that awful row (cos can't make anything out in Witton Upper) that always seems to be played about 15 /20 mins or so before KO?  Need to get music sorted for rest of season.

Â