Villa Fanfare?!?

VillaGoMarching

the FInal Countdown. If ever song gets people pumped up thats it 

Guh? The original 80s version? Not sure. There's a cracking Speedcore version called Final Countdown TV by DJ Sharpnel though, which is incredible. They would work.

In answer to Everton's Z-cars... maybe we could have,

Crossroads?

--

Actually, didn't Benny from Crossroads have a kick about with Sir Ron of Saunders in front of the North Stand on ITV Midlands News many years ago?

Edited by Raver50032

As someone said previously, music is obviously massively subjective and opinion will always be divided. Chances are your never going to get the 50 year old contemporary rock loving villa fan to agree with an 18 year old hip hop loving villa fan.

But with that being said, i thought both the foo fighters, black Sabbath tunes were crap and definitely not good entrance music. As for the bells are ringing, and the actual church bells that were played, id be happy if i never heard them again in my life. Anywhere.

The faithless tune yes is good, yes it gets the blood pumping, but baggies had it for ages, id rather be original.

I wouldn't mind the return of the fanfare, used to get the hairs on your neck stood on end, it even went well with the countdown.

Bring it back!

As we are talking about "our owne team " the "only team we all believe is the best there is" The only team that is really worth supporting,then there can only be one song for all of us irrespective of our age.And that song has to be " Simply The Best" by Tina Turner.

It describes " my team" and "your team" does it not ?

What a lot of you are forgetting here is that the tune/song should reflect A- the team or B- the supporters or C- both the team and the supporters. 

Thats why " you'll Never Walk Alone" reflects the Liverpool team and its supporters and thats why it has lasted so long.This is also why our song should be something like

"Simply the best" by Tina Turner, reflecting on the team and the supporters or "I wont back down" again reflecting the team and the supporters or "We will rock you" again reflecting the team and the supporters.

Tell me what does "Eye of the tiger" reflect ?...its a great tune,yes, and ?

What does the theme from "doctors" reflect ?...it was filmed in Brum, yes, and ?

So, IMO the tune/song should reflect the team and the supporters,not a TV series that was filmed in Brum or a song that was top of the pops a few years ago,if the song/tune has no reference to the team or the supporters then what is the point of playing it ? Just cause it sounds good ? or cause its top song right now ? in that case we should change our song/tune every few weeks.

• 6 months later...

Didn't think it warranted its own thread, and hopefully not too OT to be here, but old Nigel K is in the Grauniad today talking about the Villa and not playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" as it's a Liverpool and he's "not going to play that shit!"

:D

Grauniad Article here

I thought we had 'ring the bells'

i suppose but its hardly a song that is associated with us and i bet alot of villa fans dont know it, i dont think we sing it do we? I hate man utd but whoever comes up with those songs they sing is a genius, they have a really good song book

Yeah, about that, what song was it for Liverpool? I forget.

Think it was right here right now by Fatboy Slim.

I like the Foos music, but not when the Villa come out. Glad we've changed it

Â