The Randy Lerner thread

CI

What the hell do you want him to say?  Realistically I mean - he's not going to say I'm giving Paul 100m and we're going to win the league is he?

In a nutshell, he's said he'd concerned regarding the current situation.  We are on a programme to try to become more sustainable and he is backing Lambert.   

He really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't here isn't he?

Yep. Him coming out and addressing the fans is pointless because there's nothing he can really say. He obviously believes in Lambert, he obviously thinks what he's doing is right. He's said we've tried to sign players but they've not materialised, same as Lambert. There's nothing he could say to really please the fans, because the only thing which he can do to please the fans (Sack Lambert or spend more money) he's not willing to do. It's a pointless statement. 

What a very strange statement. Reads like a man who is not really very engaged with the club, or perhaps has just returned from a long journey where he has been out of contact with the outside world and has just been reminded to his mild amusement that he still owns a football club.

Still, at least it holds out the prospect we may bring one or two in this Jan, apparently because "fresh players always give at least a sense of progress and optimism." No...because it may give us some chance of **** winning matches which we haven't been doing much for a while in case you hadn't noticed, Mr Lerner.

All very odd.

But is it pointless?  People have been getting agitated by the 'wall of silence'  He has tried to address that.  He's tried to reassure fans that he's backing the manager and trying to get players in.  Just because it doesn't say what some people want to hear doesn't make it pointless.

I don't see how people can criticise him for saying nothing then criticise him for actually saying something.  As I said, damned if you do....

But is it pointless?  People have been getting agitated by the 'wall of silence'  He has tried to address that.  He's tried to reassure fans that he's backing the manager and trying to get players in.  Just because it doesn't say what some people want to hear doesn't make it pointless.

I don't see how people can criticise him for saying nothing then criticise him for actually saying something.  As I said, damned if you do....

Well he could have recited the first verse of the National Anthem and be credited for speaking - thats niot actually saying anything is it?

"During January Paul and the Board have discussed a variety of players although nothing has yet materialised."

This is the key bit for me. There has to be funding available.

Remember Dougs list of players hewas waving around 10 years or so ago........ means nothing

Not sure what we want Lerner to say... He said we have been trying to get players....  Do you want him to come out and mention players he was after that went to other clubs?

He cleared up that he wasnt sacking Lambert as well.

Denis - what do you want him to say? Realistically?

errrtr? Maybe mention our relegation threat, that under no circumstances does he want relegation! Results have been poor but this is what were going to do. Future plans where were heading, direction????

I think hes cleverley taking the heat off PL and deservedley so.  Its 80% Lerners fault.  PL aint going anywhere so we have to get behind him.  Can we get a song going with the words 'we go again' in it?

I think hes cleverley taking the heat off PL and deservedley so.  Its 80% Lerners fault.  PL aint going anywhere so we have to get behind him.  Can we get a song going with the words 'we go again' in it?

We go again, We go again

We're Aston Villa,  and We go again

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

Â