The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We sit in the DE and we saw a steward walking along the touchline with a huge rolled up banner being carried by him and what looked like a fan. Overall the stewards looked very edgy to me. Lots of worried faces watching the crowd and pointing at groups of fans which was good to see.

I thought the chants about the board were well deserved and seemed to lift the team in the second half. The media barely mentioned that but the walkout got plenty of media coverage which was excellent so a job well done.

Scum bag really if he's trying to basically censor his critics, Kim Jong-Lerner.

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's his club. He could bulldoze the Holte tomorrow and nobody could stop him.

So no, there's no way to remove him. The only thing that can is if someone offers him enough money for it that he's happy to flog it.

I'm somewhat concerned that when that eventually happens, it's going to the first bidder to offer what he wants, and with no thought to who they are or their intentions.

Hmm I see. Maybe some sort of facility should be brought in by FIFA or the FA or whoever, so even if they still own the club, they can be legally frozen out totally and taken away from any management or decisions about it and kind of custodians brought in to run the club after all the owners lackeys are binned off. It might stop random sheikhs and billionaires picking up clubs as new toys if this could happen too. They would have to legit care about the club. It found be tested with the 'fit and proper' thing being done seasonally or bi-seasonally.

I imagine something related is what happens when someone like Carson Yeung comes along who 'owns' the club but bought with criminal money so is removed from the situation.

Edited by VillaJ100

We could indeed be doomed by the next owner.  That's how bad it is, anything could happen - but unless Lerner changes drastically, a new owner is a risk we need to take, however Carson they might turn out.

Edited by terrytini

12 hours ago, terrytini said:

We could indeed be doomed by the next owner.  That's how bad it is, anything could happen - but unless Lerner changes drastically, a new owner is a risk we need to take, however Carson they might turn out.

Even with Carson in prison their club is run better than ours. Goes to show how shite Lerner is

20 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

I think it will get worse. We'll stay in the championship, until Lerner pockets all the parachute payments, then flog us for 40-50mill and be done.

Devastated.

That won't happen.

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Enlighten me

The parachute payments will be used to sustain the club for the next year ( or more)

. We are contractually obligated to pay these people. Randy isn't just going to pocket the money, not pay players and let the club fold.

19 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Were the Cleveland Browns always called the Browns or is that only after Lerner turned them into a shit club ?

Are we going to end up bieng known as "The Birmingham Browns" ?

Probably.

On 3/3/2016 at 08:54, villan_007 said:

Enlighten me

Because despite how absolutely terrible Lerner is at running a football club, he does somewhat care for it, and cares for his investment. He would stand to sell the club for a lot more if he can sell us whilst being a Premier League club. I'm absolutely positive we will give promotion a good go. 

Edited by PieFacE

Because despite how absolutely terrible Lerner is at running a football club, he does somewhat care for it, and cares for his investment. He would stand to sell the club for a lot more if he can sell us whilst being a Premier League club. I'm absolutely positive we will give promotion a good go. 

Randy Lerner is to sports brand ownership what Adolf Hitler was to religous tolerance. The guy is a complete yank rocket polisher.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

How can people still say he cares for the club?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I genuinely never understand this argument. Quite a few posters seem to think that Lerner must/ will invest time/ money into getting Villa back in to the Premier League if only for his investment interests.

But it was in his interest to never let us drop out the league in the first place. The current situation isn't a shock to anyone or a weird anomaly, we've been on this trajectory for five years but it has not stopped him cutting and cutting.

Bringing us up to date, it was in his interest to invest more than £8m in the summer when we lost ALL our best players. It was in his interest to invest in a few new faces in January. Not for love or because he cares but because it would have been a step towards protecting his asset from losing further value.

So why do people think it wasn't in his interest to keep us in this league for the last five years but he suddenly will have an interest in getting us back up?! I have ZERO faith there will be any change in attitude whilst Lerner remains. He will just spend this summer further cutting costs and removing high earners and expect to get back up with close to zero spend.

Which ever two teams come down with us will be much more prepared for an instant return than we are. They will have finished above us (comfortably) and much more likely to invest in their squads. If Lerner stays, we're not coming back up any time soon.

• Like 2

Â