The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Surely we are worth less in the Championship than what Lerner paid to Ellis? Surely that would make us a very attractive bargain for some serious investment? I mean we were 10th highest eraners in the country playing absolute garbage football and scoring no points. How hard can it be to improve on that?!  

Unfortunately we are stuck with him forever,because.

He has not got the brain to get this club running properly.

He has not got the money to get us promoted from the championship.

He will not put in the money to make this club attractive to buy.

League 1/2 here we come.

• Like 2

I am serious now we need to start impacting lerners pockets so he makes NO MONEY from fans until he starts investing in the team, i dont want my hard earned cash paying the wages of Fox, Hollis or any other imbecile that he has recruited. So I am urging any Villa fan not to give this idiot Lerner any of your hard earned cash until he starts showing some ambition again. whether thats from the club shops, going to games anything. I am disgusted they refuse to buy any players considering our position

• Like 1

Am I the only one whose opinion of him hasn't really changed over the January transfer window? I still don't like him and I still think that until he's gone the club doesn't have much of a chance of a recovery but for me the lack of spending this January was both expected and on a certain level understandable given how far cut adrift we are. I was much more annoyed in previous seasons when we were either just about out of the relegation zone or just in touch of safety.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Am I the only one whose opinion of him hasn't really changed over the January transfer window? I still don't like him and I still think that until he's gone the club doesn't have much of a chance of a recovery but for me the lack of spending this January was both expected and on a certain level understandable given how far cut adrift we are. I was much more annoyed in previous season when we were either just about out of the relegation zone or just in touch of safety.

yep you are. Poor rubbish excuse in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Excuse for what? I'm not saying he hasn't caused a huge mess just that the lack of spending doesn't change much for me.

Excuse for not spending.What makes you think he will start spending after we go down 1division ?!

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am serious now we need to start impacting lerners pockets so he makes NO MONEY from fans until he starts investing in the team, i dont want my hard earned cash paying the wages of Fox, Hollis or any other imbecile that he has recruited. So I am urging any Villa fan not to give this idiot Lerner any of your hard earned cash until he starts showing some ambition again. whether thats from the club shops, going to games anything. I am disgusted they refuse to buy any players considering our position

Personally I think the time for this type of action would be at the start of next season if money is not spent in the summer.

Like Mantis I'm not surprised that we have had no investment in January - I can sort of understand it IF they intend to invest in the summer

• Like 1

It's a horrible situation catch 22I for about 12 months have vowed not to give another penny while this cancer is at our club, next year if like to show my support while we're down there but I know that if the ownership situation is the same my money is wasted and this vermin wins. 

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Excuse for not spending.What makes you think he will start spending after we go down 1division ?!

Thing is, I see little point in spending when it's clear that we're probably doomed regardless. There have been clubs in the past which have shelled out in January only to go down anyway and I think it would be wise to avoid that. If we still had a decent shout of staying up my opinion would be completely different.

What makes you think we won't spend at least a bit in the summer? We're not spending now because we're cut adrift and likely to go down regardless - you can disagree or agree with the decision  all you want but I expect that's the reason. Lerner will know that an overhaul is needed in the summer.

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Personally I think the time for this type of action would be at the start of next season if money is not spent in the summer.

Like Mantis I'm not surprised that we have had no investment in January - I can sort of understand it IF they intend to invest in the summer

Exactly. I think people are jumping to conclusions a bit. I'm not going to say "I definitely think we'll spend in the summer" because you never know but I think it's likely.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

So I'm guessing next season will be another one of those famous "transition seasons"?

It needn't have been.  we could have been doing a bit of it now to take the pressure off that next year and land running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

You buy a brush.  The handle breaks so you replace it.  Then a few months later the broom head wears down so then you replace that too.  After a few more months the handle breaks again and you replace it

Is it the same brush you originally bought?

Ask Trigger from 'Only Fools and Horses' (quite an apt name for our Boardroom btw).

Â