The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Pat Murphy has hinted the next CEO is sombody hired by the BBC.

cJuHr5lh.jpg

Edit: Never mind, he clarified that he meant that he is employed by the BBC. I was going by everybody elses interpretation of it.

Edited by Isa

Pat Murphy has hinted the next CEO is sombody hired by the BBC.

cJuHr5lh.jpg

Edit: Never mind, he clarified that he meant that he is employed by the BBC. I was going by everybody elses interpretation of it.

Then again I have heard Robbie Savage is looking for a new career in business management.

How about Niall Quinn? I think he had a similar role at Sunderland and I guess you could call him a football man.

There's no way it will be him, just seen his name mentioned elsewhere and made me think.

Edited by useless

I think a CEO can make a difference in normal circumstances but under Lerner at the moment it might be difficult to make much of a difference, I agree. Unless of course they're going to somehow help with the actual sale as some people have mentioned people like Purslow and Cortese did with their clubs.

We might be able to better guess when we know who it's going to be.

Edited by useless

I don't get the excitement over who the new CEO could be. It will make little difference to the club.

whereas I think it will make a difference. I know from your previous posts you really don't think it'll make a difference especially under the current regime but I really do and the problem is you'll likely never be able to tell because others will get the credit. For me it's one of the key positions in the club and obviously in any business whether in a thriving business but more so in a struggling/restrained business, that's when good CEO's can make a real difference.

It's never going to be exciting like signing a great player or an exciting new manager comes in but I am very intrigued/interested who the next CEO is because that will, in my eyes, affect the future of the club.

I've always wondered how many decision Lerner actually makes. As a billionaire owner with other interest and investments surely he wouldn't be running Aston Villa at a micro level. He will just want updates based on his overall targets.

So often we hear Lerner will never pay this or Lerner will never allow that. Can't the club be run as a business/football club like it was for over a hundred years before Lerner took over? Why does it all have to be down to the billionaire owners money?

I don't get the excitement over who the new CEO could be. It will make little difference to the club.

whereas I think it will make a difference. I know from your previous posts you really don't think it'll make a difference especially under the current regime but I really do and the problem is you'll likely never be able to tell because others will get the credit. For me it's one of the key positions in the club and obviously in any business whether in a thriving business but more so in a struggling/restrained business, that's when good CEO's can make a real difference.

It's never going to be exciting like signing a great player or an exciting new manager comes in but I am very intrigued/interested who the next CEO is because that will, in my eyes, affect the future of the club.

Will it though? It most likely is a short term appointment until he manages to sell the club.

Getting a new CEO is fine and all but I'd much rather we got contracts sorted for the players we need to hang onto. The season starts next week and we haven't got anything sorted in that regard.  Is it down to us not putting good offers on the table or have we not even offered anything yet or is it down to the players hoping to get out of the club or maybe waiting to see what happens with the ownership situation before they make a decision?.  I really thought we would of had a couple of our important players tied down at this stage of the season.

Edited by Bunnski

Getting a new CEO is fine and all but I'd much rather we got contracts sorted for the players we need to hang onto. The season starts next week and we haven't got anything sorted in that regard.  Is it down to us not putting good offers on the table or have we not even offered anything yet or is it down to the players hoping to get out of the club or maybe waiting to see what happens with the ownership situation before they make a decision?.  I really thought we would of had a couple of our important players tied down at this stage of the season.

To be fair, getting a new CEO in may be the first step in getting contract renewals underway. Maybe not, but I'm just trying to be hopeful for a change!

I've always wondered how many decision Lerner actually makes. As a billionaire owner with other interest and investments surely he wouldn't be running Aston Villa at a micro level. He will just want updates based on his overall targets.

So often we hear Lerner will never pay this or Lerner will never allow that. Can't the club be run as a business/football club like it was for over a hundred years before Lerner took over? Why does it all have to be down to the billionaire owners money?

Lambert and Faulkner constantly stated they were in contact with Lerner, and on a number of occasions he flew over for budget talks.

I am inclined to believe appointing a new CEO/Executive Chairman would be an affirmation that Randy has a buyer.

Well you did say we would hear something in the next couple of weeks about 2 weeks ago so look forward to you letting us know........

In my humble opinion....The only individual person in a football club that stirs me or turns me off..... is the Manager.

The rest have a fairly passive role.

I believe he is the biggest difference between success and failure.

• Like 1

In my humble opinion....The only individual person in a football club that stirs me or turns me off..... is the Manager.

The rest have a fairly passive role.

I believe he is the biggest difference between success and failure.

Said it before, will say it again, this has been statistically proven to be false. 

To be successful as a team, you need quality throughout the club.  You can have all the money in the world with an excellent board, but if the manager isn't right then you won't succeed.  Likewise, you can have an excellent, tactically astute manager who buy great players, but if he's working for a numpty, then he'll struggle as well.

Then there's the current Aston Villa position, with an inadequate manager working for an idiot, with no CEO at all.

• Like 3

Â