The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If you have enough money there are ways around FFP

Just like if you have enough money, there are ways around paying lost of income tax.

Rich people can hire expensive people to help them buck the system, and rich football clubs can do the same.

If you have the dough, you can do anything that you want......

One of the Admin on that bells are ringing forum seems to think a meeting has been called at Villa on Thursday in which all staff must attend, don't know what it's to do with so didn't know where to mention it. If true perhaps It's just a rallying call going into the last five games.

Oo my friend works at VP, I'll see if they know of a meeting.

One of the Admin on that bells are ringing forum seems to think a meeting has been called at Villa on Thursday in which all staff must attend, don't know what it's to do with so didn't know where to mention it. If true perhaps It's just a rallying call going into the last five games.

Oo my friend works at VP, I'll see if they know of a meeting.

It's mentioned in about the fifth post on this thread. A few pages previous the same guy seems to think that Lambert has been told already that he is to leave at the end of the season.

MON saw this decline coming years ago and had the sense to walk.

He would've seen it alright, he bloody well played a big part in causing it. He's good at getting out just before things collapse financial#y

• Like 4

IMO the buck stops with Lerner. MON, Houllier , McLeish and now Lambert have all been stitched up by the board. The problem is Lerner's pockets aren't as deep as they need to be to successfully run a club like Villa. He has clearly lost interest (despite what Faulkner says) and he should sell up.  Using FFP as an excuse is starting to ware thin.

• Like 2

IMO the buck stops with Lerner. MON, Houllier , McLeish and now Lambert have all been stitched up by the board. The problem is Lerner's pockets aren't as deep as they need to be to successfully run a club like Villa. He has clearly lost interest (despite what Faulkner says) and he should sell up.  Using FFP as an excuse is starting to ware thin.

Lerner said he'd sell if he couldn't do anything at villa, I hope he meant it.

Bugger off you bellend.

We don't actually know that for a fact yet since nobody has gotten around it to date, everyone who tried had their accounts placed under investigation

City's ladies team is paying City £2.5m a year for advice and the honour of wearing the City badge - that's entirely legal. 

Money wins. Money always wins. This is football.

UEFA are terrified that they might have to find one of the big clubs guilty and punish them, if they do it'll be straight to court - where they'll lose for two reasons, one they're on dodgy ground in applying this sort of legislation on separate companies and two, court is somewhere that you can spend as much money as you like in order to win; these clubs will.

Ah yes, now the bullshit really begins

"ive been messaged by someone who works at VP, who wishes to remain anonymous, but he has told me x,y&z"

anyone who believes this sort of post needs their head looking at.

We don't actually know that for a fact yet since nobody has gotten around it to date, everyone who tried had their accounts placed under investigation

City's ladies team is paying City £2.5m a year for advice and the honour of wearing the City badge - that's entirely legal.

Money wins. Money always wins. This is football.

UEFA are terrified that they might have to find one of the big clubs guilty and punish them, if they do it'll be straight to court - where they'll lose for two reasons, one they're on dodgy ground in applying this sort of legislation on separate companies and two, court is somewhere that you can spend as much money as you like in order to win; these clubs will.

OBE, not quite true mate - I posted a bit further back about how UEFA have tried to arrange the process so as to avoid legal repercussions. They've set the rules, but the interpretation and the ultimate decision lies with the independent panel to judge upon.

UEFA won't be punishing anyone because it's not their remit.

But yeah, money will always win. Currently, a lone agent is taking a case to the European Commission, and I imagine that once (if) PSG, Man City get busted by these rules, then you can guarantee they'll throw their full support behind this legal case.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Ah yes, now the bullshit really begins

"ive been messaged by someone who works at VP, who wishes to remain anonymous, but he has told me x,y&z"

anyone who believes this sort of post needs their head looking at.

Indeed.

man city also have this whole development outside going on, which is all sponsored by eitihad, no precedent for it, cant be compared to arsenal's emirates deal etc because its far bigger, their owners can pump just about as much money in to that as the like, will be interesting to see how muddy they cant make the waters with the new york and oz clubs too

Just as a point, the Emirates airline were part of the huge bail out of Dubai by Abu Dhabi.

So, by default, the owners of Man City sponsor Arsenal.

Stick that in your FFP pipe and smoke it!

• Like 1

man city also have this whole development outside going on, which is all sponsored by eitihad, no precedent for it, cant be compared to arsenal's emirates deal etc because its far bigger, their owners can pump just about as much money in to that as the like, will be interesting to see how muddy they cant make the waters with the new york and oz clubs too

Just as a point, the Emirates airline were part of the huge bail out of Dubai by Abu Dhabi.

And psg, Real Madrid, ac Milan, HIV, Olympiacos....

Football is just one massive advert for them, and to be fair it's worked, they'd started growing before but they've gone mental since

For the same reason the notion that they'll one day pull out of city is nonsense, huge advert for them, would be interesting to see if anyone has actually tried quantifying the impact of football purchases / sponsorship on the region

I may be totally off the mark here and not for a second am I suggesting I hope we go down. But wouldn't we be seen as better value to a perspective buyer if we were in the championship? Yes it would mean an initial investment to get us back in to the premier league but the cost of the takeover would reduce significantly.

And psg, Real Madrid, ac Milan, HIV, Olympiacos....

Football is just one massive advert for them, and to be fair it's worked, they'd started growing before but they've gone mental since

For the same reason the notion that they'll one day pull out of city is nonsense, huge advert for them, would be interesting to see if anyone has actually tried quantifying the impact of football purchases / sponsorship on the region

Financial aids?

• Like 1

I may be totally off the mark here and not for a second am I suggesting I hope we go down. But wouldn't we be seen as better value to a perspective buyer if we were in the championship? Yes it would mean an initial investment to get us back in to the premier league but the cost of the takeover would reduce significantly.

No, it means Randy will have to take an even bigger cut, he is struggling to let go (of the 'money', not the club) as it is.

Â