The Randy Lerner thread

CI

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

I would also argue at this point that if a club breaks the rule by more than 3 times than the maximum amount and has a dodgy sponsorship also against the rules that a fine would be completely stupid and go against everything that FFP stands for.

If that were the case not many clubs in the big league will take it seriously and the rule will probably get dropped as all it will end up do is generate money for where ever the fines end up.... UEFA? Charity? FA? No idea.

All academic anyway as this will be ruled upon very soon.

Whatever the outcome pitiful fine or heavy sanctions it has a large effect on our club and should move supporter opinion.

If you accept that clubs are a business - then what FFP is doing is restricting how much money is invested in such a business - that just has to breach some free trade legislation.

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

I would also argue at this point that if a club breaks the rule by more than 3 times than the maximum amount and has a dodgy sponsorship also against the rules that a fine would be completely stupid and go against everything that FFP stands for.

If that were the case not many clubs in the big league will take it seriously and the rule will probably get dropped as all it will end up do is generate money for where ever the fines end up.... UEFA? Charity? FA? No idea.

Whatever the outcome pitiful fine or heavy sanctions it has a large effect on our club and should move supporter opinion.

If you accept that clubs are a business - then what FFP is doing is restricting how much money is invested in such a business - that just has to breach some free trade legislation.

Yea could do, but you can invest in anything but wages and players as much as you like.

It's almost like limiting the stock you buy and how much you pay for it

There isn't an acceptable one. Even with FFP we should be a top half club.

So why not just say that in the first place?

If it weren't for injuries this season we could have been - pretty close to it for a while there. I'm sure you'd have found something else to be unhappy about, mind.

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

Yea could do, but you can invest in anything but wages and players as much as you like.

It's almost like limiting the stock you buy and how much you pay for it

Exactly - restraint on trade - I can't beleive its got this far to be honest.

I can see Man City just paying a fine - peanuts in relative terms to them..

If it weren't for injuries this season we could have been - pretty close to it for a while there. I'm sure you'd have found something else to be unhappy about, mind.

Haha nice finish. I look forward to reading how everything is good from your posts during our 5th consecutive relegation battle next year.

Why? What makes Villa deserve to be top half over any other club? 

Everyone bitches and moans and looks for someone to blame when the club isn't doing well- like Villa have some holy right to be at the top of the table. Its football - plenty of teams have been up and a hell of a lot more have been down.

• Like 1

Haha nice finish. I look forward to reading how everything is good from your posts during our 5th consecutive relegation battle next year.

I have in no terms said that 'everything is good' - you must try harder, really.

Everyone bitches and moans and looks for someone to blame when the club isn't doing well- like Villa have some holy right to be at the top of the table. Its football - plenty of teams have been up and a hell of a lot more have been down.

Money and history.

I have in no terms said that 'everything is good' - you must try harder, really.
Your posts show a different picture. Defend the owner, the manager, the plan and the players. Yet actual evidence shows you're wrong. Edited by Big_John_10

I'm all for more regulation. Banks used to have regulation. Now look at them. Lending money to the stupid overleverged who can never pay it back - help to buy and all that insane BS.

Football clubs aren't like any other business. If a business fails it goes bust then you go shop/trade with someone else. A football club is more organic and part of a community than that. It is not subject to the same market forces. If Villa go bust I'm not going to go to the Baggies to get my fix am I?

• Like 1

Lerner started this money saving 4 years ago way before we had FFP. OK he messed it up by appointing idiot managers and letting them buy more useless players on massive wages with the proceeds of selling our good players? And with the compensation paid out to these idiots we probably could have brought Luis Suarez?

Because there have only ever been 7 teams who have been ever presents in the Premier League and we are one of them! Out of interest the other 6 ever presents are currently all in the top 7 places! The only team in the top 7 not to have been ever presents are ManCity and I think we know why they are there. We have royally messed up the most lucrative period in football history because of halfwit business management by the current owner and his predecessor. However I suppose it fits with our history over the past 60 years. 

• Like 2

We can argue and counter argue the job our chairmen has done, but for me It all comes down to one simple point that John raises here.

This is our fourth year in a relegation battle which is simply not acceptable for AVFC, and the person largely responsible for that is Randy Lerner.

Â