The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Any prospective buyer with any Nous would be thinking, to make a mark , I have to step in to the ring with Roman Abramovich and Sheik Mansoor....Its like stepping in with Mike Tyson in his prime to coin a parallel

I don't see too many prospects, that we would be delirious about, being interested.

I still think the next mega wealthy person to a buy a PL club will be from China.

If this is as good a hunch as tonight's ITK from you, the next Villa owners will probably be the people who run your local takeaway!

• Like 2

Whether or not Hoolahan was Lamberts only target after the 2 loans doesn't matter, the fact is that the owner is not backing the manager enough, yes we've had the stories of we must live within our means etc... But for 3-4 seasons now we have been down in the lower half of the league struggling to avoid relegation almost to the point where I liken us to the early 90's version of Coventry & Southampton where if you continuously fight relegation then soon enough it's gonna bite you on the arse and actually happen, I'm sure LERNER isn't stupid but he's doing a damn good impression of somebody that is because it seems he fails to realise that higher league placing earns more money and lower league placings earn less money and relegation means the s**t hits the fan big time, whilst I agree we shouldn't be signing any Tom, Dick or Harry surely even the dumbest of owners can see that as always we have a paper thin squad and will struggle if we get injuries, do the right thing Lerner and clear off because it looks to the fans like you have zero interest anymore....

I've said it before, but I don't begrudge him not pumping in silly money anymore - I just wish that we could get some sort of indication of where we are wage bill-wise.

I don't expect others to feel the same as me, but I could tolerate another 18 months to 2 years of 'cost-cutting' as long as there is some sort of 'finish-line'. It's the not knowing that's killing me.

I've said it before, but I don't begrudge him not pumping in silly money anymore - I just wish that we could get some sort of indication of where we are wage bill-wise.

I don't expect others to feel the same as me, but I could tolerate another 18 months to 2 years of 'cost-cutting' as long as there is some sort of 'finish-line'. It's the not knowing that's killing me.

Books were balanced months ago and Ireland was moved on since then.

You know that how?

You know that how?

Paul Faulkner told the villa trust around October time.

You know what? I'd be interested in seeing our NET transfer spend each season RL has been here.

If anyone feels the urge to provide this info along with the valuation of the players in and out for that given season it would be appreciated.

Either back Lambert in the summer or sell up, it really is that simple.  I can see Lambert walking if doesn't get proper support from the owner and I wouldn't blame him either.  Anyone can see how good a job the manager has done on the budget and expectations required of him. I would love to see him being backed and givin a proper go at things here.

You know that how?
Paul Faulkner told the villa trust around October time.
If that is the case, then surely he's got to be selling up?

If he's not, then I hope that the purse strings are loosened somewhat this summer - I understand that we would be foolish to start putting £60k pw players back on the payroll after spending so long getting rid of the ones we did, but surely we could start to pay £35k/£40k pw to bring in some decent players from abroad?

No one has really spent, I think it is 4 moves that cost over 10 million this window

Only one player brought by club in top 10 who is able to play straight away today so really it is the clubs in trouble who have gone all out.

You know what? I'd be interested in seeing our NET transfer spend each season RL has been here.

If anyone feels the urge to provide this info along with the valuation of the players in and out for that given season it would be appreciated.

Working backwards (Using figures from Wikipedia, not including loans and guesstimatting at undisclosed fees)

13-14: ~£15.8m (assuming Luna=£2m, Kozak=£6m, Bannan+Makoun=£2m)

12-13: ~£19.5m (Wiki says £22m out, £2.5m in)

11-12: ~(-)£21.75m (assuming L.Young+Hogg=£1m)

10-11: ~£4m (assuming Bent=£18m, Ireland=£8m, Milner=£26m, Makoun=£6m)

09-10: ~£23m (assuming Delph=£6m, Beye=£3m, Warnock=£8m, Knight=£2m)

08-09: ~£44.9m (assuming Davies=£10m, Friedel=£2m, Shorey=£2m, Maloney=£1m, Routledge=£1m)

07-08: ~£4.25m (assuming Harewood=£3m, Salifou=£1m, Davis=£4m, Cahill=£5m, Youngsters=negligible)

06-07: ~£15.6m (assuming Berson=£500k)

Overall: ~£105.3m.

• Like 1

Working backwards (Using figures from Wikipedia, not including loans and guesstimatting at undisclosed fees)

13-14: ~£15.8m (assuming Luna=£2m, Kozak=£6m, Bannan+Makoun=£2m)

12-13: ~£19.5m (Wiki says £22m out, £2.5m in)

11-12: ~(-)£21.75m (assuming L.Young+Hogg=£1m)

10-11: ~£4m (assuming Bent=£18m, Ireland=£8m, Milner=£26m, Makoun=£6m)

09-10: ~£23m (assuming Delph=£6m, Beye=£3m, Warnock=£8m, Knight=£2m)

08-09: ~£44.9m (assuming Davies=£10m, Friedel=£2m, Shorey=£2m, Maloney=£1m, Routledge=£1m)

07-08: ~£4.25m (assuming Harewood=£3m, Salifou=£1m, Davis=£4m, Cahill=£5m, Youngsters=negligible)

06-07: ~£15.6m (assuming Berson=£500k)

Overall: ~£105.3m.

its not the buying the players that was a problem, its the wages of the players

Â