The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Pretty interesting table. Spending over the last 5 years

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/Newcastle_United_Spending_Last_5_years.png

I don't think that's very accurate, I work out the Net spend as ~£40m for the last 5 seasons, as our big outlay season was the season before the last 5, and even then the Net is ~£70m.

Any chance it's on a site that isn't the Sun?

Seems he is true to his words back in 2006

'I'm what you call the custodian. There have been plenty of custodians of Aston Villa since 1874 and if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try.'

'People like me come and go. The fans will always own Aston Villa because they never leave.'

I don't subscribe to the Sun. I just saw the link and thought I'd pass it on. Not really news to us supporters, but interesting that it's hit mainstream media.

I still think we're a prime target for significant investment. We'd be right at the top of the list if somebody wanted to invest in a Premier League club and turn them into a powerhouse á la Man City.

• Like 2

I don't feel like Lerner has ever made a mess of Villa knowingly. The wage bill cutting, the hiring of McLeish and Houllier and the money (over)spent around 2008/2009/2010 was all due to him doing what he felt was best. It's because of this, that I think that IF Lerner is selling, I can't imagine us going to a risky Venkys-type owner. I think he'll do his very best to make sure we go to an owner who can really give us what we want. <br />

<br />

He pumped a lot of money in, with the hope that O'Neill could get us Champions League, he brought in McLeish because of his cup win and Houllier because of past success. <br />

<br />

I've never disliked Randy, but I hope that his last act is to bring in an owner that brings a few of his critics on side, if just a smidgen.

I doubt heskey or McLeish ever **** up on purpose but really who gives a shit?

If after 8 years the best thing he did was choosing the right buyer it shows what q complete **** up he was.

An utter failure of an owner in two different sports. Take a bow.

I don't feel like Lerner has ever made a mess of Villa knowingly. The wage bill cutting, the hiring of McLeish and Houllier and the money (over)spent around 2008/2009/2010 was all due to him doing what he felt was best. It's because of this, that I think that IF Lerner is selling, I can't imagine us going to a risky Venkys-type owner. I think he'll do his very best to make sure we go to an owner who can really give us what we want. <br />

<br />

He pumped a lot of money in, with the hope that O'Neill could get us Champions League, he brought in McLeish because of his cup win and Houllier because of past success. <br />

<br />

I've never disliked Randy, but I hope that his last act is to bring in an owner that brings a few of his critics on side, if just a smidgen.

I sincerely hope you are right....my suspicion is he will limit the damage and run like hell, when he can and won't give a flying f*** who he sells us to.....but I could be wrong.

This is a man who hired McLeish.

A man who last January gambled with our premiership status to save money.

Yeah he really cares. Haha I can't believe people have bought into the tattoo pr rubbish.

Yeah he's going to really give a shit who he sells to. Haha it will be whoever gives him the amount he wants.

Edited by Big_John_10

I don't subscribe to the Sun. I just saw the link and thought I'd pass it on. Not really news to us supporters, but interesting that it's hit mainstream media.

I still think we're a prime target for significant investment. We'd be right at the top of the list if somebody wanted to invest in a Premier League club and turn them into a powerhouse á la Man City.

DWG?

• Like 1

Â