The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I've got to be honest, I'm a lot more worried than excited at the prospect of a new owner.

Things could go from bad to horrific

Yep, look at what's happening at Leeds now, 3 takeovers in as many years, Portsmouth, Watford, the nutjob at hull city

or we could get some billionaire tycoon who puts £500 million into the club and we win the league in 2 years

This is a man who hired McLeish.

Wait! What? Are you saying Lerner hired McLeish as manager? I can't believe you didn't mention it sooner!
I apologise but it needs to be reminded every time someone tells us about his good intentions.
And let me guess, we're supposed to ignore the fact that's he's pumped millions into Villa since he arrived? Those weren't signals of good intentions? Irrespective of the fact that he's a billionaire. Him being an owner doesn't mean his money is our money.
  • Like 2

Wait! What? Are you saying Lerner hired McLeish as manager? I can't believe you didn't mention it sooner!
I apologise but it needs to be reminded every time someone tells us about his good intentions.
And let me guess, we're supposed to ignore the fact that's he's pumped millions into Villa since he arrived? Those weren't signals of good intentions? Irrespective of the fact that he's a billionaire. Him being an owner doesn't mean his money is our money.

He put the money into a business he owns in the form of loans. I also have no doubt that when he sells he won't be too far out of pocket.

He put the money into a business he owns in the form of loans. I also have no doubt that when he sells he won't be too far out of pocket.
It depends on what you class as 'top far out of pocket'. I personally think he'll make a large loss.

Again with the incorrect £63m purchase price for the club. Not even close

It cost £63m to buy Aston Villa plc the quoted company, I do recall that as I was a shareholder. If you include what he subsequently spent, as a pure guess, I would multiply that by four top get his total investment. I have pasted in the relevant part of the Stock Exchange announcement which shows what he initially paid for the club.

Recommended Cash Offer

for

Aston Villa plc ('Aston Villa')

by

Reform Acquisitions Limited ('RAL')

Summary and Highlights

The Boards of RAL and Aston Villa are pleased to announce the terms of a

recommended cash offer by RAL to acquire the entire issued and to be issued

share capital of Aston Villa.

RAL, is an English company, which was newly incorporated for the purposes of

making the Offer and which is ultimately controlled by Mr Randolph Lerner, owner

of the Cleveland Browns Football Club, USA.

The Offer will be 547 pence in cash for each Aston Villa Share, valuing the

existing issued share capital of Aston Villa at approximately £62.6 million.

The Offer represents a premium of approximately 47.24 per cent. to the Closing

Price of 371.5 pence per share on 16 September 2005 (being the last Business Day

prior to the date of the commencement of the Offer Period) and a premium of

approximately 9.95 per cent. to the Closing Price of 497.5 pence per share on 11

August 2006 (being the last Business Day prior to the date of this

announcement).

I think the Club might have to deny the The Sun article otherwise It could be awkward for Lambert If he gets asked about it in press conferences and I doubt It will be confirmed that we are for sale either. The 200 Million asking price should help towards doing away with any dubious bidders hopefully.

Biggest club in the second biggest city in England, who have the biggest and best league in the world. I know being in London bumps the price up but I would hope we're worth more than Fulham still.

I really hope someone, as long as they're not entirely incompetent (e.g. the Venkies), pays the asking price.

Â