Paul Lambert

Pilchard

After 10 games W D L F A PTS 2 3 5 8 14 9 Against same opposition W D L F A PTS 2 0 8 8 25 6 *Hull exchanged for Wigan. Yes I was sad enough to sit and do that but I'm going to go out on a whim and saying we're doing better than last year
Fans expectations are killing us in all honesty. Edited by VillaGoMarching

Well to get 50 points, a guaranteed top half finish, we should be on 13 now, so we are 2 points shy. And unlike many teams have played 8 of the top 10.

Really makes one wonder what the fuss is about.

Honestly, have you actually seen us play this season? You happy with the pure shite that is dished up?

• Like 1

After 10 games

W D L F A PTS

2 3 5 8 14 9

Against same opposition

W D L F A PTS

2 0 8 8 25 6

*Hull exchanged for Wigan.

Yes I was sad enough to sit and do that but I'm going to go out on a whim and saying we're doing better than last year

Fans expectations are killing us in all honesty.

How dare a fan of Aston Villa demand more than just survival each season! Burn them!

For season 2 the criticism of Lambert is IMO justified - signing kozac and no midfielders of note, looked a bizarre  decision at the time - and even more so as our inability to pass the ball plumets to alarming levels.

However despite all that, I still think we have more chance of becoming a decent side with Lambert than without him

Well to get 50 points, a guaranteed top half finish, we should be on 13 now, so we are 2 points shy. And unlike many teams have played 8 of the top 10.

Would you mind giving us next week's lottery numbers too?

After 10 games

W  D  L  F  A   PTS

2   3   5  8  14    9

Against same opposition

W  D  L  F  A   PTS

2   0   8  8  25    6

*Hull exchanged for Wigan.

Yes I was sad enough to sit and do that but I'm going to go out on a whim and saying we're doing better than last year 

I lied.  Hull exchanged for Reading.

Comparing games from last season is completely meaningless, especially when you have to choose what team to replace the relegated team with.  We're still bottom half, playing shit football.

Last year we played good football and stayed up. Everyone was pleased as we had a plan and all could see a bright future. Reason i am so disappointed this season is that we look like we have went backwards. I was Lamberts number 1 fan last season as my post history will show, but im starting to weaver. Not only is the football we are serving up shocking but lamberts transfer buys made no sense.

I ask u all this. Would u rather finish 14/15th and play good football or play mcleish style and finish 10/11th. I know id rather be entertained and look like we are progressing.

People wont like this but we are starting to turn into a hoof team and vilas boas might prove to be to far off the mark.

• Like 1

Comparing games from last season is completely meaningless, especially when you have to choose what team to replace the relegated team with.  We're still bottom half, playing shit football.

Tottenham have just spent £80 million & they're scraping 1-0 wins playing shit football

What do you expect or demand for a £15mil investment?

2nd placed in championship for 2nd from bottom in prem (if it matters).

Well you can decide it is meaningless, but it actually, factually, does have meaning.

It demonstrates, with actual facts, which I know does annoy people and is nowhere near as good as ignorance and blind prejudice, that Team for Team we ar egetting better results than last year, so far.

Now, you may or may not care, or you may not like the football, but you are quite wrong to describe it as meaningless.

• Like 2

6 hours on the field without a goal, thats what all the "fuss" is about. 

Yes, I agree.

In much the same way all the doddering oldies talk about the weather as if it is the apocolypse every time it rains - in a country where it is bound to rain !! - some of our fans get their knickers in a twist because we haven't scored for a while, or previously because we hadn't stopped the other lot scoring for a while, or because we wasted chances, or because we didn't create chances, or because we won when we really didn't deserveto, or lost when we should have won.

Goodness me matches played by football team don't produce perfect outcomes shock horror.

It is still the case that if you take it over 2 seasons there is clear improvement in results.  If you take away games over the last year the stats are good.  If yopu look who we have played our tally is ok.  If you look at our injuries they have played a part.  If you only want to look at this season we have already beaten the 2 clubs most likley to win the League, and are only a Win or so off 8th.

So I still say, apart from agreeing with you that the fuss is over nothing - what is the fuss about ?

• Like 1

Last year we played good football and stayed up. Everyone was pleased as we had a plan and all could see a bright future. Reason i am so disappointed this season is that we look like we have went backwards. I was Lamberts number 1 fan last season as my post history will show, but im starting to weaver. Not only is the football we are serving up shocking but lamberts transfer buys made no sense.

I ask u all this. Would u rather finish 14/15th and play good football or play mcleish style and finish 10/11th. I know id rather be entertained and look like we are progressing.

People wont like this but we are starting to turn into a hoof team and vilas boas might prove to be to far off the mark.

Did we have a plan though ? - I always thought Baker coming in for Clark was key, Lambert dispensed totally with Ireland \ Bent - and we knew what we had to do.......win games !!!!!! draws wouldn't be enough.   Did we have a plan ? or did the best team + tactics present itself ?.  

Weiman IMO should have been dropped a few games back (much like Clark last season) - so perhaps the best combination will present itself again. Whilst I haven't been taken with Kozak - Benteke came to life when he came on today .....

Honestly, have you actually seen us play this season? You happy with the pure shite that is dished up?

Now that is an interesting one. I always look for the good in my Club.

Last year I was quite happy coz although our points total was dodgy I enjoyed a lot of how we played - Plenty of others however were not happy - the points is what mattered .............

This year I am less entertained but happier with the points - Plenty of others - in many cases the same others as last year- now seem to say it is the entertainment that matters.

As I say, I always look for the good, it seems there are plently of others who do the opposite.

Lambert should be judged once he is backed with real money. What he is being asked to do is buy ready made premier league players for 1-2m a piece.

It diesnt happen Like that.. you will get one, maybe two, who can fit right in, the rest need time and plenty if it.

Fortunately for Lerner, once again the manager will get the stick and he can pick the next manager to back with little money, till the fans blame him too.

Doug sure wishes he did things the Lerner way.

Edited by dodgyknees

I don't think our current lack of goals is too surprising. Last year we relied heavily on our front 3 and just recently we've had a combination of Weimann being out of form, Benteke being injured/lacking fitness and likewise for Gabby. We need more goals from midfield but I'm confident this goal drought won't last forever.

Did we have a plan though ? - I always thought Baker coming in for Clark was key, Lambert dispensed totally with Ireland \ Bent - and we knew what we had to do.......win games !!!!!! draws wouldn't be enough.   Did we have a plan ? or did the best team + tactics present itself ?.  

Weiman IMO should have been dropped a few games back (much like Clark last season) - so perhaps the best combination will present itself again. Whilst I haven't been taken with Kozak - Benteke came to life when he came on today .....

Yes but we had bought young players and gave them the opportunity to go out and express themselves. This year it just seems we are so negative. I know our young players can player better than they are let play at the moment by Lambert. Maybe its a case that we have take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. Ive my doubts but i really hope so