Paul Lambert

Pilchard

however you shuffle this pack of players - i don't see them ever being much more than above relegation zone - the quality just isn't there. Thats mostly because of the limited funds lambo has - but equally Lambert has wasted some of those funds on players no better than what he struggled with last season.  I think this is starting to dawn on him - he realizes the best this teaM can be is no nonense in defence and hope Benteke gets the goals.

I think he will be off when the time suits him - I would expect next season to be his last

Anything who thinks his "plan" is to turn Villa into a force by buying "young and hungry" players is living in La La Land. The reason Lerner's doing this is because he wants out of the club as soon as possible.

Let's hope he's got a buyer lined up for all our sakes, because if we carry on at this rate sooner or later we'll find ourselves in the Championship. That's how bad our decline is becoming.

however you shuffle this pack of players - i don't see them ever being much more than above relegation zone - the quality just isn't there. Thats mostly because of the limited funds lambo has - but equally Lambert has wasted some of those funds on players no better than what he struggled with last season.  I think this is starting to dawn on him - he realizes the best this teaM can be is no nonense in defence and hope Benteke gets the goals.

I think he will be off when the time suits him - I would expect next season to be his last

Anything who thinks his "plan" is to turn Villa into a force by buying "young and hungry" players is living in La La Land. The reason Lerner's doing this is because he wants out of the club as soon as possible.

Do you actually have any evidence to back this up?

Today we set out to grind out a draw and that is what we got. When we were getting battered from pillow to post for two thirds of last season I was crying out for performances like this so shouldn't really complain.

However I have to say overall this season I have been disappointed in how we have performed. For me the last 3-4 months of last season we showed some promise but haven't as yet kicked on this season. I wouldn't lay the blame at Lamberts door for that though. He simply hasn't been backed to make us anything other than a mid to lower table team of plodders.

I don't think everything can be blamed on Lambert and/or Lerner. We had a horrible opening set of fixtures and have been **** over with injuries once again. We haven't really had many chances this season to put out our fully fit best side.

however you shuffle this pack of players - i don't see them ever being much more than above relegation zone - the quality just isn't there. Thats mostly because of the limited funds lambo has - but equally Lambert has wasted some of those funds on players no better than what he struggled with last season. I think this is starting to dawn on him - he realizes the best this teaM can be is no nonense in defence and hope Benteke gets the goals.

Absolutely no evidence other than my gut feeling. Everything points to Lerner losing interest though. Unless you're one of the deluded many who have fallen for the "young and hungry" bullshit though. Edited by avfc1982

I don't think everything can be blamed on Lambert and/or Lerner. We had a horrible opening set of fixtures and have been **** over with injuries once again. We haven't really had many chances this season to put out our fully fit best side.

Who else can we blame for this quite diabolical squad though, Doug Ellis?

Has Lambert snubbed you for an interview at some point?

Laughable, who else can be bloody blamed then? The guy who sets the budget and the guy brings in the players i'd say you absolutely can blame them.

I remember when Lambert took the job. We were filled with stories of how he didn't just change tactics game by game, but he would change tactics during games as well. Now I'll admit I didn't see today's game, but I hear only the one sub was made and that was to replace the injured Weiman. What has happened to all these tactical changes? Surely a sub should be made to try for the win?

however you shuffle this pack of players - i don't see them ever being much more than above relegation zone - the quality just isn't there. Thats mostly because of the limited funds lambo has - but equally Lambert has wasted some of those funds on players no better than what he struggled with last season. I think this is starting to dawn on him - he realizes the best this teaM can be is no nonense in defence and hope Benteke gets the goals.

Absolutely no evidence other than my gut feeling. Everything points to Lerner losing interest though. Unless you're one of the deluded many who have fallen for the "young and hungry" bullshit though.

Oh so because I disagree with you on this I'm deluded?

IMO we don't have a diabolical squad.

Brilliant.

I remember when Lambert took the job. We were filled with stories of how he didn't just change tactics game by game, but he would change tactics during games as well. Now I'll admit I didn't see today's game, but I hear only the one sub was made and that was to replace the injured Weiman. What has happened to all these tactical changes? Surely a sub should be made to try for the win?

I've said the same thing before now.  I think that seemed to be based on one game for Norwich where he changed things round and beat Swansea.  I really don't see any tactical brilliance or flexibility from him while he's been here whatsoever, hence the wasting of £7m on Kozak.

Brilliant.

Could you elaborate? I'm not saying Lambert and Lerner are blameless, just that there are also other factors that are out of their control.

Brilliant.

Well we do have 8 players injured/sick now. That is a lot.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just for fun, if all the players were healthy and on form.

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna

Westwood Delph

Tonev Gabby Weimann

Benteke

Still a team with only 3 players worth more than 5 mil. If people don't find that worrying, it shows how high our ambitions are.

Edited by botak

Has Lambert snubbed you for an interview at some point?................

Ive never asked him for an interview  [Think you have me mixed up with someone else ????????]

1 points away to West Ham is decent, like they would have said if it happened at Villa Park. Saw Benteke's header and that could have sneaked the win of course, but reading the match reports it looks like we should be happy with the one point.

Maybe we just have to realize that we have only one good player and that it's incredibly hard to fork out results with this team.

It's crap when your pre-match analysis is spot-on and both teams fail to score :(

When you say "worth" are you going by what we paid for them or how much you would value them?

How much they would command if they were sold. Would anyone pay any more than 5 mil for any of our players except Benteke, Guzan or Delph? Or if you were a manager, would you?

To expand the point, how many of our players even have the potential to be worth more than that in the future? 1 or 2?

Edited by botak