Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Exciting times ahead.

We all know last season was at times unbearable but I think the terrible times (at one point I think few had much faith in his policy) will be justifiable in the end. He stuck to his guns and he's continuing to do so with his policy. He has got my faith at least for the foreseeable future. I like the way we are going.

Bring on players like Okore, Tonev, Helenius, Murphy etc. This is the new Villa. Hunger and the willingness to do better.

Exciting times ahead.

We all know last season was at times unbearable but I think the terrible times (at one point I think few had much faith in his policy) will be justifiable in the end. He stuck to his guns and he's continuing to do so with his policy. He has got my faith at least for the foreseeable future. I like the way we are going.

Bring on players like Okore, Tonev, Helenius, Murphy etc. This is the new Villa. Hunger and the willingness to do better.

I wasn't pleased during the first half of the season when we needed wild tactical changes at half to adjust to our opponents, but no doubt that our form after the New Year was something of which I was very proud. Lambert has grown into the role of being here and everytime Norwich fans get upset it makes my day.

I like the fact he's trying to get the majority of his guys in before Germany, that way he'll have everyone together to try to gel and bond. Won't have to plonk someone in the team 2 matches in the proper season then. Do it in the friendlies and get everyone prepared for the season ahead.

I suppose i can safely say that i'm Lambert's most vocal critic on here.

I asked for his head when everything was going pear shaped last season and wanted him replaced by Redknapp. It wasn't panic that dictated this as I wanted Redknapp due to the way in which his teams play football and i wanted Redknapp to emulate that style of football here. I was like everyone else, sick of seeing our team out passed and out manoeuvred by not only Premiership teams but lower league teams as well. So i wanted Redknapp.

However i have been quietly impressed by the players who we have been strongly linked to this summer because those players have the one attribute i wanted at our Villa, technique! You cannot play attractive football with players that run all day but lack technique to be comfortable on the ball and actually be able to pass to a team mate.

Lambert is also bringing that technique to the club in the form of youth rather than the Redknapp plan of signing skilful journey men who will play well for part of the season but when the chips are down they disappear.

Lambert also hasn't an ego to feed by running to the press every time he is linked with a player. He is going quietly about his business and seemingly doing that business early to get the right players in before pre-season which was one of my major gripes with him last season.

There's something about this Lambert that started an itch on my back from the performance against Sunderland right up to the players we are being linked to now and i can't quite get around to scratching it yet. It was the very same itch i eventually had to scratch when i admitted i was wrong about Benteke and i'm beginning to think i might very well have to do the same again concerning Lambert?   

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 4

That's alright Morpheus. One of my favourite quotes is "When the facts change, I change my opinion, what do you do?". If you can see a better Villa future at this point than you saw at Christmas then there's no shame in turning that frown upside down :D

• Like 1

If we get the players we are being linked to BOF, keeping Benteke and strengthening the left side of our defence (Creswell?) then i can see us being the surprise package next season and that package will come with some very entertaining football which we all want.

Really don't feel at all well after writing that so must go for a lie down.  :D

If we get the players we are being linked to BOF, keeping Benteke and strengthening the left side of our defence (Creswell?) then i can see us being the surprise package next season and that package will come with some very entertaining football which we all want.

Really don't feel at all well after writing that so must go for a lie down.  :D

left back, right back, centre back,central midfielder and another wide forward if nzogbia goes and i dont think we will be far off. Defence must be his number 1 priority.

Bent,Ireland,Bannan,Allbrighton,Hutton,Holman,KEA out the door.

Ill just admit 'I am fickle'  - If we win games under Lambo I will back him - If we don't I won't - Don't see the crime in that - Its the same for any manager we appoint.

Slightly disappointing last season. It was a bit naive to  go into a full prem season with only Vlaar as a fIt senior CB. An error than came home to roost - and nearly cost us so dearly. 

Would still like another senior CB. As exciting as all these overseas youngsters are - it still a risk, for example if Okore fails to settle - we really are in the same situation as last season. And that defence was as poor as I have know in 40 years of following the club. But I like Lambo - hes seems to have a plan and the character to stick to it - heres hoping we can build on the results from the latter stages of last season.

Ever since half time at Newcastle things have just clicked.

Like what we're doing so far and I'm genuinely excited by what next year and the future can be like.

welcome to the club

Slightly disappointing last season. It was a bit naive to  go into a full prem season with only Vlaar as a fIt senior CB. An error than came home to roost - and nearly cost us so dearly. 

It is only naive if he decided this is all we needed, if it is all he could afford then it is a bit different. Personally I think it is the later.

Really don't feel at all well after writing that so must go for a lie down. :D

left back, right back, centre back,central midfielder and another wide forward if nzogbia goes and i dont think we will be far off. Defence must be his number 1 priority.

Bent,Ireland,Bannan,Allbrighton,Hutton,Holman,KEA out the door.

Do you mean back up right back? I thought Lowton had been a success this season myself...