Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He improved and got it right in the end.

His signings continue to improve and Benteke is one of the best signings this club has ever made.

On to next year.

Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the mistakes this year and be comfortable.

Been a struggle no doubt about that but to keep us up whilst at the same time completely rebuilding the side based on young hungry players is some achievement.

We have got better and better this last 4 months. Lerner needs to back him now as with four or five signings over the summer to build on some very solid foundations and we can really kick on next season.

Bring it on 2013/14. Can't wait.

We have been awful at times this year and seeing us concede goal after goal for months has been soul destroying

but it would have been a travesty if we had gone down because the last couple of months have been superb football

Lowton, Westwood,Sylla,Delph,Weimann have all come on brilliantly

as for Tekkers enough said

Well done Lambert, you have stuck to your philosophy and took a young squad to safety

it is crucial now that we buy in the right areas of the squad and kick on next year

we need to break free of these constant relegation battles

• Like 1

Spot on.

If we are fighting relegation next season then it'd be a failure simple as - we should be not fighting relegation year on year.

Randy, you listening?

Edited by legov

Spot on.

If we are fighting relegation next season then it'd be a failure simple as - we should be not fighting relegation year on year.

Randy, you listening?

We wont, we are on the up. We have a plan for the first time that i can mind on how to build a team and progress. Ps ive been a round a while

He's brought back the joy back into watching Villa play in these last three months. When his Villa play well, they play proper good football and that's what I've wanted to see since the 90s.

• Like 2

Thank f**k common sense won over stubbornness. Thats what has kept us up and not some magical potion the manager has concocted.

No excuses next season. Start the same way again and i will personally leave him swimming with the fishes. 

• Like 1

Our gamble with youth has paid off. Stayed up ahead of QPRs heavy spending and Wigan's flooded import brigade.

His concentration now should be to get Benteke and Weimann to sign new contracts. Please make it happen.

Keeping Benteke would be quite the statement.

Money can't buy you class (but a lot of money might get you a trophy).

Lambert kept on with the players he believed in and they came through for him, not some 130k/week mercenary who doesn't give a toss.

Insanely excited for next year and this summer for once.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

Obviously made up we are staying up, to be honest if we had gone, my Villa world would have not stopped revolving, but it may have done if it had cost us Lambert. I would have been totally gutted, he is the best thing too happen for us for year's.

His gamble with young, relatively in-experienced players has just about paid off (by the skin of our teeth!)

I just hope that with the best part of £250k pw off the payroll next season (Bent, Dunne, Petrov, Given, Ireland), that Lambert can unearth a few more gems of the Benteke/Sylla mould from abroad, the Westwood's/Lowton's from the lower leagues, and who knows maybe a 'marquee' player or two.

One thing I think that we can ALL agree on is that this must not happen again!

Fair play to Lambert. Turned it around in the most spectacular fashion. I sincerely apologise for calling for his head back in general.

fair play
  • Like 1

Fair play to Lambert. Turned it around in the most spectacular fashion. I sincerely apologise for calling for his head back in general.

It was a tough time for all fans of the club, we all say things in the heat of the moment.

I think the only reason I wasn't calling for his head at the time was that I was happy for him to stay in charge, even if we went down. I was just getting sick of all the upheaval of a new manager every season, and felt that Lambert would get things right in time.

I hope that didn't come across as 'better fan than you' or anything like that, I think we're all glad that he's got things right and we're playing PL football next season!

UTV