Paul Lambert

Pilchard

There you have it then.....that's where you are it........maybe time people stop blaming a manager who took a team from League 1 to 12th in the Premier League only to find himself banging his head off a brick wall at Villa .......big-time players earning mega money who no-one else wants to sign which then prevents him from signing the players he does want to sign!

Apologies if I've missed it, but I've not seen you provide any explanation as to why you may have an insight into what's going on behind the scenes at the club. The tone of every post I've seen of yours suggests you want everyone to believe that you have acces to privileged information. Unless you can provide a reason for me to believe you, I'll continue to assume your posts are just a negative brand of wild speculation.

IMO he is one of the top 10 managers operating in the premiership. Given time he will prove that.

I don't beleive he is either a top 4 manager or the best young manager of our generation - if he were he wouldnt be at Villa.

I think he is a top 10 manager. Thats my opinion

So you're in charge of Villa - you sack Lambert, who will you appoint? Steve Bruce? Curbishley?

Jose Mourinho could'nt have turned round the disaster PL inherited in one window

Your missing, or just ignoring the point 'VillaCas.'

He's not even at the begining of turning us around after his expenditure in the summer. He has actually made us worse!

exactly. Lack of consistency and short termism are two of the main reasons we are in this mess. Another quick fix will it solve anything it will make it worse. For me we have to stick to the long term project as it will fix us for a generation

Just like the 'five year' plan did?

Not saying he has been lied to - just saying the situation right now is he can't sign the players he wanted. That is partly down to no-one wanting the big-earners. But he woukld have expected to get good players this month and it doesn' seem like that will happen as things stand. Two players - defender and physcial midfielder - won't be arriving. Too expensive for the owner to sanction. And believe me they would have made a huge difference.

Will they happen now? Doubt it....not unless the board have a serious change of heart or someone comes in for one of the big-earners. Lambert won't walk. He will try to keep the club up with what he's got or even take a chance on one or two cheaper options much further down his wanted list - no other option!

Well if thats the case then good luck to him, because if Vlaar and Westwood aren't back soon and we have to play the same team that played Bradford we are going nowhere but down. Out of interest would Lambert walk if we were relegated, would he be sacked or would he stay? Just interested as if the last few or your posts are true I now think we will be playing in the championship next year, but I hope with Lambert still as our manager.

No need to apologise. I'm not going to explain where my info is coming from but I've proven my information to the administrators.....one of which is TrentVilla....who can confirm I have an insight. I'm not being negitive so please don't think that. If anything, the opposite. I think the club is trying to go down a different road, a very risky one all the same, and that if anyone can pull it off Lambert will but fans also have to appreciate he is doing it without the funding they think he has. That's all. Things might change....the owner might decide to spend but right now it doesn't appear so.

Risky road? I'd call it totally suicidical. Now is not the time for pennypinching because the tv-money raises so much for the next season. What the **** is board thinking? If that's true, I almost wish Deadly Doug would be in charge.

No need to apologise. I'm not going to explain where my info is coming from but I've proven my information to the administrators.....one of which is TrentVilla....who can confirm I have an insight. I'm not being negitive so please don't think that. If anything, the opposite. I think the club is trying to go down a different road, a very risky one all the same, and that if anyone can pull it off Lambert will but fans also have to appreciate he is doing it without the funding they think he has. That's all. Things might change....the owner might decide to spend but right now it doesn't appear so.

Fair enough. If you're right (or your source is) then it certainly is a risky strategy - so risky that, for the first time, I think it's more likely we'll go down than stay up.d

No way he will walk. Listen, whether anyone likes it or not, Villa are in a difficult position as a club. Costs must be cut. The club can't afford to be paying half a dozen players over £60,000-a-week who aren't performing. If you are payng that level of money it has to be for a top, top star. But no clubs wnat them therefore Villa are stuck with them. That means it is more difficult for the club to sanction new players arriving because of increasing wage bills.

If, and I know it is a big if, the club survive this year then the cost cutting can continue but in a sensible manner. The problem right now is that it is too big a risk to take. Do you not sign quality players and risk going down or do you sign players, give yourself a better chance of staying up and then try and cut costs in the summer in a more sensible fashion? I'd suggest the latter.

Lambert, like every manager, wants to sign good players. He wants/needs a dominant defender and a strong midfielder but the two he picked out were too expensive for the club. The window most certainly isn't shut so it might all change but right now it looks as though big money won't be spent (by that I mean a player at £5m is too expensive right now). Lambert has boguth into the long-term plan but would like help in the short term. It all makes sense to me :P

So the people clinging to the Coutinho rumour are in for a dissapointment then?

Edited by sne

I've said it before but I'll repeat it.

Buying quality players now will not financially ruin this club. Being relegated could well ruin this club financially.

It would seem yet another stupid Lerner decision to continue to cut costs while we have one of the worst squads in the league.

I pray this is not true or that Lerner sees sense.

So we've apparently now got to the stage that we can't even afford 5m for one player when we're under threat of relegation and the increase in TV revenue coming next season and Lerner in a similar position forked out 18m on Bent to keep us up.

Either the board have had a complete transformation to apes or your talking a load of bollocks 'Hairyhands' and i think its very much the latter.

At the end of the day you can all believe whatever you want.

You can believe that Lambert is a useless manager if you want, you can believe that he signed a load of cheap kids in the summer because (insert whatever theory you want), you can believe he is blind to what we need in January if you want and that he has done knob all about getting players in. These all seem like quite common views reading various threads.

Or you can believe that Lambert is a good manager, a manager who did his best in the summer with the resources available to him and with the players from his targets that the board secured for him. That knows exactly what we need this window and has already identified those players but doesn't have the financial backing to make them happen.

Believe what you wish to believe.

I know which I believe and where I believe the blame lies for the problems that we have and have had for almost 3 years now far longer than Lambert has been around. There is a reason our fans sang his name away at Norwich last season and that reason is he has proven himself to be a good manager and what is happening here shouldn't change peoples view of that. Not in my book.

That isn't to say he hasn't made mistakes in selections, in tactics or any other area of the job all managers make errors but he isn't a bad manager and neither is he the real problem here.

People can agree with me, disagree with I don't much care I'm tired of trying to convince people we couldn't go signing X or Y in the summer and tired of saying we aren't going to pay £10m for Lescott. You don't have to be ITK to work that out it is just common sense based on everything that has happened to/at this club in recent years.

I've been critical of Lambert at times and I will be in future no doubt but right now I wouldn't swap him for anyone else because given what he inherited, what he is working with in terms of the players and the restraints I believe he is under it is amazing we aren't already in the bottom three.

As for me being able to vouch for Hairyhands, yes I can.