Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Depends what you mean by Never - check the age of 1980/81 squad - gibson, williams, shaw, sid, were all around 21 - don't forget premier league is only 1992 - there was football before that

Fully aware that football existed before the PL, I said this was the youngest PL side.

And he might get brownie points for shaking hands but nothing else yet to substantiate 'we are lucky to have Lambert.'

Slowly and surely getting better and better.....if we sign a few more of those crap lower league players in January or a couple more overeseas "wastes of money" I can foresee a top half finish.

Atleast it was not a wankfest like Houllier did when he returned to anfield.

I didn't hear of anyone walking into the home dressing room by mistake last night or touching the club badge on the way out.

We have a top top manager on our hands and the 4th best Manager in the league status is certainly gathering more momentum.

Slowly and surely getting better and better.....if we sign a few more of those crap lower league players in January or a couple more overeseas "wastes of money" I can foresee a top half finish.

Here here.

Not sure what he is saying to the lads before these cup games but that is now 14 goals in 4 cup games.

We had 17 shots tonight and 13 on target and dominated possession. More of the same in the league and we'll be laughing.

Apparently at full time he went on to the pitch and shook all the Norwich players hands. Lambert is a class act and I am so pleased we now have him. He did a remarkable job at Norwich and given time and some decent backing will do very well here.

Tezz - post above this - well said, I fully concur...

Mark - interesting stats you post from last night's match at Norwich. It seemed to be a goal fest, and so it turned out to be late doors. I recall after the Stoke game though that we had similar statistics in terms of chances/chances on target/possession, yet VillaTalk is full of doom and gloom again about that game. It was a dreary nil-nil...

We seem to be getting the possession - but consistently creating and pocketing the chances is where we seem to struggle. I have lost count of how many games we are unbeaten now - if that's not a green shoot of positivity, then there is something amiss. Even the really nice gentleman who referred to me quite disrespectfully as 'fella' somewhere else on this forum would struggle to disagree.

Keep going Paul...

The other way to look at it, we're lucky not to have McLeish, McCarthy, Megson the list goes on....

I agree, appointing someone like Steve McClaren or Gary Megson would just be frightening. However, what kind of reputation would Lambert have if we relegated this season and he was sacked as he certainly would be? He would fast become one of them, so let's hope he can turn the team around and make them play some proper football.

IMO, he's doing a great job so far, We're playing better football, signing younger players, dropping under performing players, rotating the squad and more importantly enjoying supporting our team again.

I had absolute faith in Lambert to be upto the task of rebuilding us, and he's done nothing so far to change that view.

• Like 1

Paul Lambert is a top manager as I have said I can only think of 3, maybe 4 at a push, that are better than him and who I would take in this league.

Top bloke as well. Cant help but be successful for us given time, maybe even three months!

• Like 1

Atleast it was not a wankfest like Houllier did when he returned to anfield.

I didn't hear of anyone walking into the home dressing room by mistake last night or touching the club badge on the way out.

Oh no, he accidentally walked into the wrong dressing room and touched a sign. What a travesty.

Even today people massively exaggerate "anfieldgate". Instead of focusing on an utterly inept and shit performance it's the little petty things that get all the attention.

Oh no, he accidentally walked into the wrong dressing room and touched a sign. What a travesty.

Even today people massively exaggerate "anfieldgate". Instead of focusing on an utterly inept and shit performance it's the little petty things that get all the attention.

Agreed.

Agrred. And always have.

It was a stupid thing to do, but it's imapct has been over exagerrated