Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You seem to be forgetting that we also had Bennett unfairly sent off in that game.

It was a fair sending off, he was already on a yellow and pulled the player back...yes there player was pulling back as well but when already on a yellow the ref is going to look at incidents like and favour the attacking player..it was naive on bennetts behalf

It was a fair sending off, he was already on a yellow and pulled the player back...yes there player was pulling back as well but when already on a yellow the ref is going to look at incidents like and favour the attacking player..it was naive on bennetts behalf

I remember the days when you had to take a leg off to get booked...now you get booked if your socks aren't straight.

And the week after there was a similar situation when arsenal played. It might even have been Dowd who was refereeing. The defender tugged the other players shirt in a similar position, not on a yellow before the incident, not on a yellow after it either. I think it was a very harsh decision, just like Herds yellow in the same game. But those things happens. At least he had something to back his decision up. The linesman against citeh had nothing, absolutely nothing.

I almost hope there was an incident in the tunnel after the game, just so FA didn't ban Lambert for what he said in the pc after the game. And I'm against going after the ref in the tunnel after the game, although I can understand if he did. I'd probably refuse to shake the referees' hands.

The whole Man city saga with the referee's just shows how much of a joke the FA is to be honest

The video evidence is all there to see and that linesman should be struck off or demoted to the championship at the very least

But no... Instead our manager is fined 8k and banned from the touchline for venting his frustration

Just how did they expect him to act? Go to the referee's dressing room after the match with a bouquet of flowers perhaps?

The whole Man city saga with the referee's just shows how much of a joke the FA is to be honest

The video evidence is all there to see and that linesman should be struck off or demoted to the championship at the very least

But no... Instead our manager is fined 8k and banned from the touchline for venting his frustration

Just how did they expect him to act? Go to the referee's dressing room after the match with a bouquet of flowers perhaps?

Yeah I agree and for me Pilchard summed it up to a tee yesterday with this:

So why does Lambert get this, but Ferguson constantly gets away with it? Why is it that last season, we get a referee who previous made a ridicuously incorrect decision against Villa in a cup final - who then goes on in that game to send off a player incorrectly when we were winning early on in a game - and we lose and the red card is recinded. Yet the same referee is given to us again, and he does the same thing this season but we scrape a draw.The game is not a fair playing field - could you ever imagine that penalty being given for Villa at the Ethiad? It's not a fair game - frequently different rules are being applied depending on who you are.There is not a chance that any of the top lot would have been given a ban - in fact the FA would have promptly issue an apology I'd bet.Respect the ref? They make it hard for themselves when making utterly, ridiculous, incorrect and game changing decisions week after week and we are treated like mugs expected to pay for this nonsense.

Totally agreeable.

• Like 1

Seems to me like FA and Lambert/Villa are being very quiet about this as it's clear something happened in the tunnel that we don't know about as mentioned in redtop rags. Judging by the reaction, it looks like this charge might be deserved. Nevermind, bollocks to this and onward and upward.

Can that be done ? How do I do it - it would be great to chat about the Villa and enjoy it again. Please tell me !!

It can tt! Make sure you're using the full site (not mobile version). Click on the little arrow next to your username in the top-right hand corner of the screen.

On the dropdown, click 'Manage Ignore Prefs', then you can type in the names of any members that you find tiresome, repetetive, irritating, childish, petty, argumentative, depress-.. You get it ;)

Make sure you click the tickboxes to ignore all their posts/ sigs/ chat entries etc

I wouldn't take it personally. Those who choose to use the ignore button as a haven of delusion are not worth your debate.

So people who don't agree with you are deluded?

Yeah, it's definitely everyone else, not you being wrong, noooo.

A truly remarkable statement. Potential no doubt but so far as a Villa manager its been woeful. Thats not to say Im not on board.

Agree with you there mate. It is a bizarre thing to say.

The guy's only achievement in the game is getting an East Anglian side promoted (a pretty good achievement granted :P)

He may go on to have a good career or he may suffer second season syndrome and fall out of the top leagues like Owen Coyle and other promising young managers.

He has potential but there is no way many football people, evan Villa fans, will make the claim that he is one of the best managers in the league.

Loads of wishful thinking in the thread at the moment. I truly hope the current squad does come good but there's not a lot to go on in their current performance. I find myself increasingly thinking of the squad GT MkII assembled.

the squad taylor assembled

33 year old oyvind leonhardson who was shit and had been for years

32 year old mark kinsella who was only signed to try and tempt matt holland to us

33 year old rohnnie johnson (who was alrite actually for the 18 months he was with us)

29 year old ulises de la cruz who was shit

23 year old michael boulding (who gave up football soon after to play tennis)

a reserve keeper postma, more famous for being pegged by his missus than for being footballer, marcus allback who was hit and miss and crouch who wasnt ready for the premier league.

Lamberts signings have been completely different to taylors really

• Like 1