Paul Lambert

Pilchard

That's right.

The people I have ignored are because their same old arguments are tiresome.

I have no problem with people being negative or realistic. It all fuels a good debate, which is never a bad thing!

However, some people are so pathetic with their arguments.

Can you imagine an opposition goal being solely blamed on a player who played a sloppy pass, to a player who then fouled the opposition, resulting in a free kick, resulting in a cross... to a goal?

HA!

Can you imagine even IMAGINING having a reasonable debate with someone who would post such drivel?

Actually imagine how pathetic it would be if you didn't even know who the poster was referring to in the first place.

If we were currently sitting in the top 8 I'd find suggesting lambert is the 4th best manager in the league laughable.

To suggest it after our worst prem start and sitting in 18th after a third of the season is just amazing.

Wow who on earth has suggested lambert is the 4th best manager in the PL ? Laughable

He's about 19th best as it stands

There is no manager except maybe the special one / pep and the like who could turn around the fortunes of this club in 12 games. No one.

To slate a young manager who a: wants to be here b: is up for the challenge after this many games is just wrong, and everything that's wrong with some sections of our fan base

There is no manager except maybe the special one / pep and the like who could turn around the fortunes of this club in 12 games. No one.

To slate a young manager who a: wants to be here b: is up for the challenge after this many games is just wrong, and everything that's wrong with some sections of our fan base

What if that young manager who wants to be here just isnt good enough? I'm sorry but football is a cruel game and sometimes things don't work. I'm already losing faith in Lambert because at this rate we are certain to go down. A lot of defeats have come through letting our heads drop, you'd think any manager worth their corn would have stamped that out before the fourth month of the season. It probably sounds impatient but I expected much, much more from Lambert given the hype. We will probably roll over and die against Arsenal tomorrow as well. The table doesnt lie, apart from a handful of games we've been utter shite so far and he's already floundering and letting decisions go to his head (see the behaviour after the Man City game and bringing it back up again this week). I would just have put it down to experience and knuckle down and get on with the next game!

I think your first comment is a little absurd as well. Even though he's had a tough job so far, he knew what he was in for and 9 points from 12 games is pathetic. McLeish would have probably got us more points!

I don't think there is a lack of talent at the club. The likes of Bannan, Westwood and Ireland are very good at keeping the ball. However, our defence is a panicky bunch of girls who's main aim is still to kick the ball anywhere when in possession as if it's some kind of explosive device. We cannot build from the back because our defenders simply don't want the ball. We also clearly lack a big DM to protect the back 4, which may also be the reason why there is so much chaos in our back 4.

Our ball retention is amongst some of the worst in Europe. We simply spend too much time without the ball, even Swindon had 67% possesion against us. If you spend that much time without the ball you will get punished and you will also get tired as you are doint twice as much chasing. Our possesion was not even this bad under MON who is Mr counter attack.

Lambert likes his teams to put in effort and be busy but it lacks quality and finesse, watching Villa attempting to play the final 30 mins of a game is quite frankly embarrasing against any standard of oppostion. Everybody is knackered and the mistakes come thick and fast.

He may want to be here and he may be up for the challenge but he simply is not good enough.

Our ball retention is amongst some of the worst in Europe. We simply spend too much time without the ball, even Swindon had 67% possesion against us. If you spend that much time without the ball you will get punished and you will also get tired as you are doint twice as much chasing. Our possesion was not even this bad under MON who is Mr counter attack.

Lambert likes his teams to put in effort and be busy but it lacks quality and finesse, watching Villa attempting to play the final 30 mins of a game is quite frankly embarrasing against any standard of oppostion. Everybody is knackered and the mistakes come thick and fast.

The problem is that people don't have the patience when a manager does try and get us retaining the ball more.

GH was doing that and i seem to remember not too many complaining about it.

Actually, loads did. Houllier faced a lot of hostility during his time here not just about the results but about "tippy tappy" as its detractors call it.

Actually, loads did. Houllier faced a lot of hostility during his time here not just about the results but about "tippy tappy" as its detractors call it.

Wrong again Mantis. Much of the hostility directed at GH was due mainly to the Liverpool connection and although there were a few detractors concerning the style of football there certainly wasn't 'loads' as you describe it.