Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We're still 17th because Norwich and Wigan won. We couldn't have done any more today. Sunderland and Stoke are getting sucked into the battle though.

Hmm. I think we are 17th because we have only 9 points, which combined with a poor goal difference is a worse record than 16 other teams

People who are writing us off doesn't take it into account that we (try to) play proper football and try to create proper chances, half of the team has changed from the last season and at least in patches we've played very well, such as against Swansea and Newcastle. The difference against last season is imo huge on how we play and what we're capable of doing.

What facts? Some trivial bullshit about us having our worst start in 43 years? Don't make me laugh.

I don't think i am making you laugh. You seem to be taking it all to heart. Lighten up a bit and you'll enjoy yourself a little more on here.

Agreed 'ciggiesnbeer' but we will not be able to defend for the whole ninety minutes against Man U. We must also hold a threat and look to cause one or two problems to their creaky defence.

Very interested to see how Lambert sets the team up against Man U?

People who are writing us off doesn't take it into account that we (try to) play proper football and try to create proper chances, half of the team has changed from the last season and at least in patches we've played very well, such as against Swansea and Newcastle. The difference against last season is imo huge on how we play and what we're capable of doing.

We certainly have not tried to play proper football every game this season.

It looked like we did today and that approach reflected our midfield selection. I hope this approach is one we will take more often and leave the try hards like holman on the bench.

Agreed 'ciggiesnbeer' but we will not be able to defend for the whole ninety minutes against Man U. We must also hold a threat and look to cause one or two problems to their creaky defence.

Very interested to see how Lambert sets the team up against Man U?

Yeah it will. Ireland remains my biggest question mark in midfield, we need creativity but I thought he was poor in the first half, but good in the second. Not sure what to make of him. I suppose thats nothing new though.

Westwood surprisingly helped our midfield a lot.

• Like 1

Got the selection spot on today. Not sure many of us would have gone with Bannan, Westwood and Ireland but it worked a treat.

Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke, all look like very good signings and Kea and Bennett look like decent pieces of business. Westwood in his first start today was excellent. I look forward to seeing who Lambert has lined up in January.

Got the selection spot on today. Not sure many of us would have gone with Bannan, Westwood and Ireland but it worked a treat.

Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke, all look like very good signings and Kea and Bennett look like decent pieces of business. Westwood in his first start today was excellent. I look forward to seeing who Lambert has lined up in January.

Agree completely. I was puzzled why were going 4-3-3 against a MON team. Putting two forwards on the wings in a 4-2-3-1 was a great move.

Still very unconvinced by Bennett, but it looks like Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood and KEA look like excellent value for money. Excited by January.

Some world-beating exotic-sounding winger from Luxembourg's second division for 20p, and a left-back please Paul.

Agree completely. I was puzzled why were going 4-3-3 against a MON team. Putting two forwards on the wings in a 4-2-3-1 was a great move.

Still very unconvinced by Bennett, but it looks like Lowton, Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood and KEA look like excellent value for money. Excited by January.

Some world-beating exotic-sounding winger from Luxembourg's second division for 20p, and a left-back please Paul.

yeah, was a ballsy selection that worked a treat. looks like it was tailor made to counter MONball, i think we'll play a different shape against man u. they've gone narrow of late and we'll need to hole the ball better against them with more options in the middle. maybe a 4-4-1-1 or something will suit.

whatever system he opts for it's great to see us being flexible enough to change system and win games. something that just never happened with MON.

Apparently Lambert still calls Martin O'Neiill "the Gaffer". I would never had known that had it not been for every single newspaper and web site article on PL for the past 12 months telling me so.