Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert is right. I look forward to January. He has already indicated he didnt use up all his funds in the summer, I have no doubt he will be given more and he will make some more great signings. 3 current internationals in his first window (4 if you count Holman) is good business, in particular getting a striker who actually has the knack of scoring is a very good signing indeed.

Looking forward to tomorrow, should be a cracking game as we line up in a attack minded formation (we have to our DM's are out injured) and bloody go for it.

Lets cheer the hell up and start looking forward to the game!

We're still paying the price for a lot of sins under O'Neill and the naivety that reigned and continued to do so with the witless appointments of Houllier and McLeish.

There was something interesting on TalkSports website which showed we had spent the fourth highest on transfers over the previous six years. There is a poster on H&V who crystalised it quite well by reminding us that O'Neill spent just shy of 25 million buying a back four, only to then spend another 25 million the following season on an entirely new back four. The short-termism and completely wasteful spending such as the above really crippled us.

What was a good time, should have been a great time, but it was all built on sand.

Then followed the chaos. 9th was a miracle.

McLeish a nightmare.

Anybody who expected Lambert, a good manager, to turn this trainwreck around in such a short time is a fantasist. The calls for his head moronic.

Its been a mixture of dross, frustration and some real good stuff. It will get better with every passing window.

I've seen the dross, i suffer the frustration and seen us get worse with Lambert's first window.

Lambert is right. I look forward to January. He has already indicated he didnt use up all his funds in the summer, I have no doubt he will be given more and he will make some more great signings. 3 current internationals in his first window (4 if you count Holman) is good business, in particular getting a striker who actually has the knack of scoring is a very good signing indeed.

Looking forward to tomorrow, should be a cracking game as we line up in a attack minded formation (we have to our DM's are out injured) and bloody go for it.

Lets cheer the hell up and start looking forward to the game!

'Some more great signings.' Where are they?

'Some more great signings.' Where are they?

I like all of his summer signings. Exactly what we need. Good quality and only going to get better. I wish he has squeezed in another couple of midfielders but that will come in January no doubt.

The great ones? Vlaar and Benteke I think are undeniably great. Lowtons a close third. But I like them all. No duds so far.

In your eyes maybe.

It's not January yet.

Yep it's my opinion based on the worst start ever in the Premiership. Its called realism being in the bottom 4 in the Premiership! Ah, we now have to wait until January to find those great signings. What happened to the 17m already spent?

I like all of his summer signings. Exactly what we need. Good quality and only going to get better. I wish he has squeezed in another couple of midfielders but that will come in January no doubt.

The great ones? Vlaar and Benteke I think are undeniably great. Lowtons a close third. But I like them all. No duds so far.

Good quality signings eh? Great signings in Vlaar and Benteke. Not for me. Decent maybe, but certainly not great and the rest have been poor.

Good quality signings eh? Great signings in Vlaar and Benteke. Not for me. Decent maybe, but certainly not great and the rest have been poor.

Fair enough, differences of opinion.

I do think Lambert has been getting his tactics wrong in recent league games though. He needs to pull it together tomorrow. If anything we have been going backwards since West Ham.

Fair enough, differences of opinion.

I do think Lambert has been getting his tactics wrong in recent league games though. He needs to pull it together tomorrow. If anything we have been going backwards since West Ham.

As stated in the match thread 'ciggiesnbeer' i think we very well might get the three points tomorrow. We desperately need the points. Jesus if we lose with our fixture list coming up then we'll all see if Lambert is as good as the majority on here think he is. It will be a massive test for him and his new signings whatever we both think.

As stated in the match thread 'ciggiesnbeer' i think we very well might get the three points tomorrow. We desperately need the points. Jesus if we lose with our fixture list coming up then we'll all see if Lambert is as good as the majority on here think he is. It will be a massive test for him and his new signings whatever we both think.

Totally agree with that. Lets hope we are both arguing over whether our win was deserved or not tomorrow rather than whether or not our defeat has doomed us :)

Yep it's my opinion based on the worst start ever in the Premiership. Its called realism being in the bottom 4 in the Premiership! Ah, we now have to wait until January to find those great signings. What happened to the 17m already spent?

No! Read your own post again.

You said "More great signings?.. where are they?"

More means more to come. next time players can come will be January.

Once again you have ignored the facts and gone off in another direction.

It begs me to believe are you on a wind up to get 'reactions' or are you just acting stupid on purpose?

With the appoitment of a respected European scout, the sale of the browns and our absolutely atrocious start in the league surely we are going to see the right kind of transfer activity in January.

No more cheap fees and wages on the westwoods and Bowerys and more decent money on the likes of Benteke.

I can't stand Lerner but I do feel this January will be when he starts to redeem himself slightly. Hopefully it won't be a 1 off due to our relegation worries and will actually be part of a plan to get us back up challenging the bigger teams.

• Like 1

With the appoitment of a respected European scout, the sale of the browns and our absolutely atrocious start in the league surely we are going to see the right kind of transfer activity in January.

No more cheap fees and wages on the westwoods and Bowerys and more decent money on the likes of Benteke.

I can't stand Lerner but I do feel this January will be when he starts to redeem himself slightly. Hopefully it won't be a 1 off due to our relegation worries and will actually be part of a plan to get us back up challenging the bigger teams.

:thumb:

Maybe if we are looking towards the younger generation of players from Europe we could get Vadis Odjidja from Brugge??? Brusing Defensive Mid who would not be that much money!! I have to admit... I'd kill to see Steven Defour in a Villa shirt :3