Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's a real pity there was a tiny minority intent on calling for his head. I hope now they let go of that and accept that they should be backing him

It wasn't a tiny minority. I think that's rewriting history. Even I at one stage "lost it". It's nice to be wrong once in a while, it keeps you on an even keel.
in terms of the fan base dave a few on a couple of websites calling for the managers head was a tiny minority. Didn't hear many chants at matches calling for his head, the wider fan base stuck with him Edited by Richard

Also, and I just thought of this, how many managers would have been able to keep Villa up? He basically had to buy/slash integrate an entire new first team and do this while cutting a wage bill filled with vastly overpaid players. And he only just kept Villa up, so who else would've been able to do so? Seems like the championship was almost surely a destination.

It's a real pity there was a tiny minority intent on calling for his head. I hope now they let go of that and accept that they should be backing him

Now now Richard, let's be fair things looked pretty bad back then. He looked absolutely clueless and the massive turnaround certainly wasn't looking likely.

Anyone that hasn't changed their mind now though is bonkers.

they did chap, but it wasn't the time to lose heads and sack the manager three months into a total rebuilding job where we had just had four managers in just over three years. But I agree with your summary !

I think Lambert has the potential to be the best Villa manager in the last 30 years but I don't think he's there yet. Certainly the best manager we've had in a decade though.

Potential maybe but its going to be difficult for him to achieve as much as Taylor, Atkinson or Little.

I'd say the majority (aka people at games) were behind him.

It was summed up after we were 0-4 to Spurs and the Holte End still sang "Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army!" 

If we can win a cup with Lambert that would be fantastic! Or get back into Europe. We need to tie this manager down, he's the man to take us back to the top. 

• Like 1

After the Bradford fiasco, Lambert was not looking good at all, but I thought he could come through it ok, and he has. He's stuck to his guns and the players believe in him. He's also rather shrewd in the transfer market, which bodes well for the future. Onward and upward!

Most stuck with him, agreed.  But the majority were far from happy, including me.

absolutely and understandably you were far from happy. But as situations change so did your opinion, again rightly. I think it's fair to say you are quite pro lambert and all I am saying is I hope those who called for his head can now alter their stance and back the man

I think most people must have had there doubts about whether it would work out with Lambert at some time last season but he really is fantastic. What a man!

I love the man. Credit to Lerner as well for believing in him. Exciting times at the fantastic Villa Park.

I said the same about O'Neill, Houllier & McLeish :D

It's nice to finally feel vindicated that I said it about Lambert too!

Ultimate positivity looks good when things actually start going right!

In Lambert We Trust!

(Now... The sun has gone (in Halesowen anyway) so it's time to watch the season review from last year, followed by the Wycombe friendly on AVTV! HAPPY DAYS!)

I'd say the majority (aka people at games) were behind him.

It was summed up after we were 0-4 to Spurs and the Holte End still sang "Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army!"

If we can win a cup with Lambert that would be fantastic! Or get back into Europe. We need to tie this manager down, he's the man to take us back to the top.

Hopefully Lambert can be to us, what Moyes WAS for Everton.

Stay for many, many years and only leave if a TOP job becomes available (which we wouldn't begrudge him, if a Chelsea/Man U comes calling)

I think lambert has bought into the whole history of the club - i can't see him leaving unless a huge offer came his way in a few years from the likes of Dortmund maybe - and with lambert at the helm we could be a top 6 team at least pretty soon , good times ahead.