Paul Lambert

Pilchard

haha, @Nath182: I'm not in the country let alone brum so no season ticket for me unfortunately. so i'm a big consumer of streams, amazing now that I can see almost every villa game without AVTV.

I'd like a way to do that above board but the Jack experience was horrendous. He may well get paid **** all and have no budget but he has to be one of the most irritating people on the planet surely? I was getting t the point of self harm every time he opened his mouth ;)

that photo is hilarious, it's made me laugh every time I've seen it today. you can read Lamberts mind there and it's nothing pretty!

How much has Lambert spent on players already? 

If he can clear a few off the wage bill I expect him to spend at least 18-25m in total this window, and that's without selling Benteke. We must be able to budget for at least that. 

Edited by PieFacE

Well for starters it looks like we are looking to spend between 6m to 8m(maybe more) on an attacking midfielder due to both Montpellier and Nurnberg saying we had enquired about Belhanda and Kiyotake.  Then maybe sign a striker for around the same again I reckon

I cant really see Lambert leaving us anytime soon unless we go down. Last season shows the faith of the board in him, and he has been allowed to bring his players with little fuss. Other than Manyew, none of the top clubs would be seen dead employing a British manager. I just hope the  Lambert project works and he has time to build something good here in the next 3/4 seasons.  When I mean good I mean like top 10 and some decent cup runs. I am not mad enough to suggest Villa will ever get near the top 4 now.

Speaking of which I am more concerned HE has not signed a new contract with us. Sod the players.

Was thinking this. There are comments from Lambert regarding a new contract, something along the lines his is relaxed about it.

I think Lerner is waiting until next summer. But thinking how Lambert came to us, if and when a bigger clubs comes knocking the contract that Lambert is on won't matter anyway.

If we lose Benteke I'd be deeply concerned about relegation again.

Nah, once we sell the riff raff, sell Beneteke, and sign 3 more players, we will be considerably stronger than we were last year. I've a feeling PL is going to pull off 1 or 2 more fantastic signings, and we'll be off and running. 10th place is realistic, and I don't think we'll ever be flirting with the drop again for a long time to come.

I hope you're right mate. I'm still worried about the defence though and it's not a given that we'll score goals again without t

Yeah, if we sell Benteke I think we'll struggle again. (Obviously, we could spend the Benteke money on a few quality players, but I doubt we will)

Edited by PieFacE

I'm more bothered the way our rivals are strengthening

Sunderland signing Giaccherini, Southampton Wanyama, Swansea Bony, 

Its going to be a tough season thats for sure

And some would have no issue if Lambert was only given half of what we get for Benteke.

Surely with the new tv money and selling Benteke should see Lambert being given a decent amount to continue to improve the squad.

Well we were being linked with big money moves for Kiyotake before the news of Benteke handing in a transfer request even broke

Unless... Lambert knew this was coming and would have the funds available

Edited by AshVilla

Well we were being linked with big money moves for Kiyotake before the news of Benteke handing in a transfer request even broke

Hairyhands posted on here - about 30 minutes before anyone else - that Bentekke told the club he wanted out shortly after the season ended

• Like 1

Hairyhands posted on here - about 30 minutes before anyone else - that Bentekke told the club he wanted out shortly after the season ended

So hopefully Lambert has a cracker lined up! Woop woop! 

I would think that If benteke goes lambert would look for another striker plus an attacking midfielder , kiyotake would fit the bill for me at about £10m , not sure if we need a back up right back or maybe a utility defender who can cover the back 4 .

Edited by Eastie

I would think that If benteke goes lambert would look for another striker plus an attacking midfielder , kiyotake would fit the bill for me at about £10m , not sure if we need a back up right back or maybe a utility defender who can cover the back 4 .

We defo need another RB

Unless lowton can manage to have another freak season where he fails to pick up any major injuries and play nearly every game again "unlikely"

• Like 1

Josh Webb is only 17, but as Lambert's brought him into the Germany pre-season squad, maybe he would be happy with Herd & Webb as backup rightbacks?

It's good we have put a time limit on any benteke deal, the last thing we need is it dragging on for weeks - i expect lambert has contacts watching possible replacements .

May I just add , I have come here after several years at h&v forum and am very impressed with what I've seen so far - thanks for making me welcome .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1