Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

HalfTimePost

Pete Colley is a Villa fan and we know he has access to people in the Villa camp through his links with Sky.

He also added, somewhat as a caveat, that he found PL's transfer targets "aren't always easy to spot".

He doesn't appear to be someone who tweets an opinion on everythiung, so IMO, to tweet this, he has heard something, whether it is spin or otherwise.

Although we should always take with a sack full of salt anything before it is announced, I suspect that if he says something, it is likely to be closer to the mark than 99% of the other guff out there.

I think he gets a lot of things wrong and is rarely anything like in the loop.

So "I've been told Villa aren't in for Coutinho" is not the most convincing thing I've heard.

I dispute he has any sources in the Villa camp at all and even if he did, they wouldn't tell him anything that may contradict a deal.

I'll wait for more reliable news.

I like Colley. I get the impression he's a Villa fan first, Sky reporter second. Almost like a freelancer who happens to get called upon by Sky. So his Villa tweets tend not to be corporate-speak.

Funny thing is that Sky Italia have broke the news that Villa put in a €10m + 2m bonus bid to Inter Milan for him. Inter considered & rejected offer. They then went onto say a €15m bid could be more than enough to seal the deal.

Before you start guys, I know my links in the past have sometimes being wrong so I apologies for that.

But, why would Sky Italia say one thing & Pete get told another SUPPOSEDLY by Villa?

Never going to happen

Put yourself in his shoes why the hell would he come here

Leave Inter Milan to join a club 17th in the premiership

We will not offer him massive wages and i bet his mouth is watering at the prospect of playing with Delph and Bannan

Edited by AshVilla

Dead in water

Link: http://tinyurl.com/b4jpo6q

""Aston Villa rubbish reports claiming they are keen on Inter Milan's Philippe Coutinho

Sky Sports understands that Aston Villa have been left bemused by links to Inter Milan's Philippe Countinho.

Quotes attributed to Coutinho's agent, Cacau Barbosa, on Thursday suggested that the winger was a top target for Villa during the January transfer window.

While pointing out that no deal had been agreed, Barbosa claimed that the Premier League club had enquired as to the winger's availability.

Villa have informed Sky Sports that this is not the case, with no approach having been made.

Paul Lambertspacer.gif is in the market for new recruits, but Coutinho is not considered to be a name towards the top of his wish list.

It is possible that Countinho will be on the move during the current window, as the Brazilian is out of favour at Inter, but any imminent switch to Villa Parkspacer.gif would appear to be unlikely.""

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Funny thing is that Sky Italia have broke the news that Villa put in a €10m + 2m bonus bid to Inter Milan for him. Inter considered & rejected offer. They then went onto say a €15m bid could be more than enough to seal the deal.

Before you start guys, I know my links in the past have sometimes being wrong so I apologies for that.

But, why would Sky Italia say one thing & Pete get told another SUPPOSEDLY by Villa?

I don't know one way or the other. But one possible answer would be that Sky Italia are getting their information from the player's agent who has his own agenda of getting his client a move or a new deal. Whereas Pete may be getting his information from Villa who are saying 'eh we haven't bid a thing'. Net result - 2 different stories.

Dead in water

Link: http://tinyurl.com/b4jpo6q

""Aston Villa rubbish reports claiming they are keen on Inter Milan's Philippe Coutinho

Sky Sports understands that Aston Villa have been left bemused by links to Inter Milan's Philippe Countinho.

Quotes attributed to Coutinho's agent, Cacau Barbosa, on Thursday suggested that the winger was a top target for Villa during the January transfer window.

While pointing out that no deal had been agreed, Barbosa claimed that the Premier League club had enquired as to the winger's availability.

Villa have informed Sky Sports that this is not the case, with no approach having been made.

Paul Lambertspacer.gif is in the market for new recruits, but Coutinho is not considered to be a name towards the top of his wish list.

It is possible that Countinho will be on the move during the current window, as the Brazilian is out of favour at Inter, but any imminent switch to Villa Parkspacer.gif would appear to be unlikely.""

Well I for one am shocked at this news!

The Sky Sports News article would probably have had Pete Colley's input, so no shock that it backs up his comments.

Colley says No - he might be on the nail, he might be guessing, he might be reporting what he has been told, but this is spin whilst we are finalising the deal and we present him, Stephens, Lampard and Messi in time for the Southampton game. Would still need a defender and DCM though!

If we're not after Coutinho who are we after? Surely they are good for Villa to be bemused by a link to one of Brazil's hottest prospects. I'm hoping we're after someone better as I'd hate if we now sign some League 2 player for £6 million.

Never going to happen

Put yourself in his shoes why the hell would he come here

Leave Inter Milan to join a club 17th in the premiership

Same reason Michu signed for Swansea?

Same reason Tevez signed for West Ham?

Same reason Zarate signed for Small Heath?

Same reason Lassana Diarra signed for Portsmouth?

Edited by Tamuff_Villa