Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

HalfTimePost

No you're right I'd much rather have Bannan in the team

Point taken, but I don't really want either of them playing in central midfield for Villa.

The way I see it, we desperately need a new centre back and a central midfielder. Ideally a left back aswell. Coutinho is none of these.

On the plus side - if it's true we're looking at Coutinho, then surely we're well on the way with signing a new defender. I really can't see Lambert looking at a winger before he's looked at a new centre back, not after the recent circus act at Bradford.

I know Vlaar should be back soon, but if we go many more games with Baker and Clark then we really will be playing Championship football next year, and it won't be a close run thing either, we could actually finish bottom.

I've got more chance of shagging Scarlett Johansen in the centre circle at Villa Park whilst the entire cast of Glee cheers on from the sidelines than Philippe Coutinho has of ever signing for Aston Villa.

Dont stop believing, hold on to that feeling chap.

We'll see.I certainly dont consider SKY any kind of authority.

Usually the last to know and quite often completely wrong.

Aye. I don't necessarily believe this link either, but I consider Sky as reliable as the Metro, talkSHITE, 'caughtoffside' and the like. They never get anything right. How many players have they 'understood' that we're in for in the past and how many have actually materialised?

Even if we able to negotiate a fee with Inter, I think we may struggle to come to personal terms.

"What is this relegation paycut clause?"

"It means if we go down in 5 months time you have to have your wages sliced considerably"

"Where are you in the league?"

"17th"

"Playing well? Looking likely to survive?"

"... No."

• Like 2

On the plus side - if it's true we're looking at Coutinho, then surely we're well on the way with signing a new defender. I really can't see Lambert looking at a winger before he's looked at a new centre back, not after the recent circus act at Bradford.

I know Vlaar should be back soon, but if we go many more games with Baker and Clark then we really will be playing Championship football next year, and it won't be a close run thing either, we could actually finish bottom.

Nail on head. Exactly as I feel