Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

HalfTimePost

Reminds me of Bullseye all over again "just look at what you could have won!".

Want to sign Coutinho from inter but instead get James Chester from the lower league!

I know nothing has developed yet and some porkys are flying around somewhere but I for one will not be impressed if we make out we are after good young promising talent from abroad but only end up with young promising players from the lower english leagues.

In our current delicate position I don't think many fans will be very impressed come start of February if the goalposts yet again are moved!

I hope we get some good prospects from abroad in. We will continue to wait and see what develops.

imo, i think its all part of paul's plan too... put in a dirt cheap offer for coutinho, then return on deadline day to seal it. (thats if someone hasnt taken him already) i rate this bloke very highly. hes got alot of similar traits to neymar, in other words the cheap neymar. id say coutinho is worth 15mil max, just depends if randy's gonna splash the cash. fingers crossed

Like I said at the beginning, it always smacked of an agent trying to get his player a new deal or a move to another bigger club. Nothing to see here imo.

I thought the same, but I wish I was wrong

Sorry Scarlett, you're just going to have to wait. :(

So confident am I that this won't happen, that if Coutinho does sign (and Scarlett is a no-show) I'll give Eames an "old-fashioned".
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know I know..

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Aston Villa bid for Coutinho rejected by Inter, as revealed by the player's agent

Tancredi Palermi according to his Twitter profile: "CNN italian correspondent. Gazzetta dello Sport contributor. @SportsTonightTV european correspondent." Has 24k followers, so that much seems legit.

Not sure on the link itself though, even the reporter admitting it comes from the agent, and we've already publicly said we arent interested... Smoke and Mirrors? lol

Seems to have links with Liverpool so looks like this is happening ..shame looked a decent player

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet. Hope it happens

Bloody plob starting to pull it together , as a life long hater of them piss's me off no end

Not that we know whether we were actually in for him but would've been quite an exciting signing. However like I said at the time it did smell of his agent trying to get his client a move to a bigger club or a new contract.

wouldnt trust Balague opinion. he is about as ITK as people on twitter.

As for the player, their is a few players linked to Villa by agents to bump them in last few weeks e.g. Sissoko and Gouffran spring to mind