Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

HalfTimePost

Aston Villa have made an enquiry for Inter Milan winger Philippe Coutinho, according to the player's agent.

Reports emanating from Italy claim Inter have rejected Villa's offer for the Brazilian as Paul Lambert looks to bolster his squad in this month's transfer window.

Southampton have been credited with an interest in Coutinho, who has fallen down the pecking order at Inter and spent last season on loan at Espanyol.

Coutinho's agent, Cacau Barbosa, has confirmed Villa have made an approach for the 20-year-old, but nothing has been agreed for a possible move to Villa Park.

"I can confirm Aston Villa made an enquiry for Coutinho," Barbosa told FC Inter News.

"They want him, but with all due respect for the proposal made to Philippe, at this moment there is still nothing concrete to suggest an exit from Inter."

Sky Sports News

The agent of Inter’s Philippe Coutinho has confirmed that Premier League side Aston Villa are interested in signing the young midfielder.

According to FC Inter News, Cacau Barbosa has stated that the Nerazzurri have received an offer from Paul Lambert’s side.

However, the Italian club are not working on selling the 20-year-old, who was loaned to Spanish outfit Espanyol for part of last season.

Barbosa said: “I can confirm Aston Villa made an enquiry for Coutinho.

"They want him, but with all due respect for the proposal made to Philippe, at this moment there is still nothing concrete to suggest an exit from Inter."

Villa are in dire straits at the moment, sitting one point above the relegation zone, and are in need of creative reinforcements.

The Premier League outfit were beaten 3-1 by League Two opposition Bradford City last night, during the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-finals.

Southampton, who are one place below Villa in the league, are also rumoured to be showing an interest in Coutinho.

The talented Brazilian, who has been in Italy since leaving boyhood club Vasco da Gama in 2010, has started just three games for fifth-placed Inter this term.

SambaFoot

Inter will not wait Sneijder and works on the market.Massimo Moratti has said no to Lodi in January, if you would come back in June. I do not want to do rude to the President of Catania Santos. Inter but tomorrow sees Alessandro Moggi, the agent of Lodi. We will discuss the possible loopholes, perhaps putting down the foundations for June. Chapter Schelotto: now the player was in Milan, he met his agent Bozzo. It's up to him to try to smooth out the distance of two million between Inter and Atalanta, at work and it is. Coutinho's agent has admitted that there is interest of Aston Villa.Here is the English club's offer: 10 million plus two bonus. Inter, however, says no, Coutinho remains.
Gianluca Di Marzio (Sky Sports Italia Reporter) Edited by admin

10 million Euro bid rejected (according to Twitter speculation), how much higher do you think we will go/they will be wanting?

It's already a hefty offer for a player they don't see as first team and sent out on loan.

10 million Euro bid rejected (according to Twitter speculation), how much higher do you think we will go/they will be wanting?

It's already a hefty offer for a player they don't see as first team and sent out on loan.

I'm thinking €12 million may do it as I know it's not a huge bump over the original fee but it may just be enough. We are also hearing rumours that Lambert has a lot to spend this window so Coutinho may be worth over spending a little bit on.

If Lerner is putting up the cash a la Bent's signing, then sign him up. Only if the cash is there for the defensive issues though, which is more important than our lack of goals in my opinion.

A Brazilian ey, who would've thought!

I'm thinking €12 million may do it as I know it's not a huge bump over the original fee but it may just be enough. We are also hearing rumours that Lambert has a lot to spend this window so Coutinho may be worth over spending a little bit on.

We are? I haven't seen any rumours on how much we can spend and probably no one else than Lambert, Faulker and Lerner knows. I would absolutely love if Coutinho or Gouffran would come to Villa, at least they'd bring some flair and excitement back to Villa which we have desperately lacked in the last 7-8 years.

Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting link. But if he can't get into the Inter team is he worth that kind of money? I've never seen him play but surely if he was that good he'd be getting some more game time?

Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting link. But if he can't get into the Inter team is he worth that kind of money? I've never seen him play but surely if he was that good he'd be getting some more game time?

Sneijder cant get in Inter team. would you take him?

• Like 1

Also, IF we comes in and plays well and regularly then he may get a try out for the Selecao (National team), also I don't think he's in the Manager at Inter's teams, more often than not he benched or not playing at all..... Coming here would basically see him treated like a king and playing mostly every week... also says Bye Bye to Ireland!! xD