The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

I actually think Tremmel is better than Vorm from what I have seen last season. Vorm is suspect at times if you pressure their back 4 so he cant pass it out his kicking is the worst in the entire premier league.

Not sure who I would want in goal Given or Tremmel.

• 4 months later...

Hey, we might get our money's worth out of Shay yet! :thumb:

The Club can confirm that Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his first team coaching staff.
  • Like 3

Hey, we might get our money's worth out of Shay yet! :thumb:

The Club can confirm that Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his first team coaching staff.

Surely Given is the first coach to be on more money than the actually manager?

• Like 1

How's this gonna work? Shay got bomb-squaded, can't imagine he's enamoured with PL.

said in interviews that he has no problem with Lambert as he was clear why he wasn't getting games. think his experience could help and I assume players have more time for him than say Culverhouse

If Lambert and Given don't mind working with each other, this could be a good move.

Shay's got years of experience which could be invaluable. He'll also put his heart into if he knows his number is up at keeping goal in the higher leagues.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-ready-shay-given-2464586

Lambert on Shay Given in October.

He said: “One thing with Shay is that he has been excellent. He is a great pro. He does everything right and a great goalkeeper.

“I’ve spoken to Shay and if something happens, we will look at it. He wants to play. There is no two ways about it. He wants to play.

“Shay is still a positive influence about the place and he trains really hard. I know he is disappointed with the situation but when you get a good pro, you know you can work with him.

“He is testament to himself with the way he keeps training the way he does and behaves the way he does.”

• Like 1

I can't beleive how anyone thinks this is a good move - at least in terms of getting 3 points on Saturday.

Lambert Demoted Given

Given has zero coaching experience

The two guys ousted are Lamberts trusted right hand men.

Seems to me an attempt to undermine Lambert and get him to walk without paying compensation

Â