The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Liverpool being interested could entice the smaller clubs to think he has a lot to offer still and may offer him a first choice role.

so either rway good news. appears Liverpool want him permanently as well a nominal fee. Just tell them we don't want a fee just take him off our wages!

He's a capable number 2 and theirs is a different model to ours. We want him off the wage bill even if this season he's probably a better keeper than Steer. It's a win-win-win.

strange move though am not complaining. whats difference to being on bench here or at Liverpool. THey are hardly paying him more than he got here

The part that confuses me is from Liverpool's perspective, why get rid of Reina only to bring in Given? Not that I would complain.

strange move though am not complaining. whats difference to being on bench here or at Liverpool. THey are hardly paying him more than he got here

The part that confuses me is from Liverpool's perspective, why get rid of Reina only to bring in Given? Not that I would complain.

let's hope they sign Given & work out the error of their ways later ;)

Reina wouldn't have been content as a number 2

Wasnt Reina on some truly absurd wages? I think it was reported as double Givens absurdly high wages?

Reina wouldn't have been content as a number 2
not sure Shay would either tbh

that article that mentioned Shay to liverpool also mentioned 3 other players signing for Liverpool. 3 of them are at the game today in the stands. Guess which of the 4 wasnt there............ Bloody hell!

that article that mentioned Shay to liverpool also mentioned 3 other players signing for Liverpool. 3 of them are at the game today in the stands. Guess which of the 4 wasnt there............ Bloody hell!

Thought the same myself. Fecking stuck with him

hes stuck here. or rather were stuck with him. for good i think, if he doesnt find a new home this summer it will be harder and harder to get rid of him. no one wants an ageging mediocre keeper. How many years are left on his contract? 2-3?

hes stuck here. or rather were stuck with him. for good i think, if he doesnt find a new home this summer it will be harder and harder to get rid of him. no one wants an ageging mediocre keeper. How many years are left on his contract? 2-3?

I think 3 years ..

Because he was signed under Eck with a 5 year contract ..

Â