The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Sorry to bump this up as no transfer news but notice Ben Foster might be out for a while after his injury at the weekend, maybe Given on loan to WBA until January might be an option?

Don't see it myself as they've a perfectly able back up in Myhill.

Sorry to bump this up as no transfer news but notice Ben Foster might be out for a while after his injury at the weekend, maybe Given on loan to WBA until January might be an option?

Myhill is garbage, most Albion fans that i know would rather see Daniels start while Foster is out.

Myhill is garbage, most Albion fans that i know would rather see Daniels start while Foster is out.

I'll accept your opinion but you're wrong, very decent back up IMO :-) and baggies fans are a little deluded.

came across incredibly well there. wonder if he'll back that up with a paycut if someone wants to take him off our hands

I am pretty sure you have to loan for 12 months between premier league clubs. 

we loaned dawkins only last season for 6 months

• Like 1

Yeah that's a point but then he had been playing MLS and hadn't played for Spurs that season. I think the 12 month loan thing is something to do with preventing short term loans where a club could boost another club to take on the first clubs rivals.

I can't think of a loan move that has lasted less than a full season when coming directly from another premier league club.

Yeah that's a point but then he had been playing MLS and hadn't played for Spurs that season. I think the 12 month loan thing is something to do with preventing short term loans where a club could boost another club to take on the first clubs rivals.

I can't think of a loan move that has lasted less than a full season when coming directly from another premier league club.

Walker to us, Townsend to Qpr

Yes that's true, if you make the loan in January it will only be 6 months obviously but they have to be loaned until the end of the season. I'm still struggling to think of a loan between premier league clubs where a player returned to play for the parent club before the end of the season.

• Like 1

Yes that's true, if you make the loan in January it will only be 6 months obviously but they have to be loaned until the end of the season. I'm still struggling to think of a loan between premier league clubs where a player returned to play for the parent club before the end of the season.

Think Bassong did after his loan to Wolves, went back and played last game of season at spurs

Strange link (the Liverpool one)!

Very genuine guy, don't have a bad word to say about him. Am surprised he hasn't got a move by now. I actually though City or West Brom would make a move. City could do with someone to give Hart a rattle!

Â