Rating and Reactions: Villa - Spurs

limpid

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

This thread will open automatically at the end of the game. A MotM poll will be added later.

Utterly embarrassing.

A disgrace to the good name of our football club. Whether or not Lambert is the right man is open to debate. What isn’t open to debate is that he is accountable for this rubbish being served up. That midfield today was asking to be run over and as for the stupid 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 system... It's failure of comical proportions.

I await the apologists to come in here and defend this mess, just as they did after the 8-0. This is not a work in progress. We have 19 games to save ourselves from the ultimate disaster. We don’t have time for works in progress. We need improvement and points right now. I was non-perplexed after the 8-0 because I chalked it down to a one-off. And now days later we have been humped further and even easier.

Under Houllier and McCleish it was bad, very bad but we weren’t humiliated to this extent. This is the lowest eb of our football club in 20 years of me watching them. I'm absolutely furious with what I have witnessed. It’s a complete disgrace that we have let this happen to ourselves.

Truly, truly awful.

Every single one a disgrace to the shirt.

I wasn't convinced by Lambert and my fears are beginning to come true.

That midfield today was asking to be run over

THIS THIS and ................ THIS !

Ridiculous tactics and line-up that would even make McLeish look smart in comparison !

Holman up top with Benteke ? When did Holman become a striker ?

Delph is Championship standard at best ..... why do we keep persevering with him ?

El Ahmadi gobbed off about being a tough guy and he's a wimp. He has no engine, he strolls around and doesn't track back, he can't tackle or pass and I really doubt Walsall would touch him if we offered him on a free !!!

Edited by Paul33

Spurs are a good team and we always knew that we would struggle this season. I think any manager would struggle but to do so in the manner we have is worrying. We look as if we're going to get tonked against the better teams in the league this season.

As for the game itself, the better team most definitely won. Spurs have a scary amount of talent in their first team, well done to them today. We look short of quality, confidence and composure in every department excluding goalkeeper.

There is no fight. If we're going to lose, at least make it difficult for them. If they go 1-0 up, **** get at them, put them in a difficult position. Make them defend the 1-0. Can stand the sight of us just giving up once the first goal goes in.

Just back from B6. This is getting serious now. As bad as anything Billy McNeill ever served up and the worst Villa side I can recall in over 3 decades.

Why did Westwood go off again ? We conceded 5 at Chelsea when he went off and now another 4 today !

Without him we lose the little shape we have

Spurs are a good team and we always knew that we would struggle this season. I think any manager would struggle but to do so in the manner we have is worrying. We look as if we're going to get tonked against the better teams in the league this season.

As for the game itself, the better team most definitely won. Spurs have a scary amount of talent in their first team, well done to them today. We look short of quality, confidence and composure in every department excluding goalkeeper.

We didn't get tonked by Man Utd or by Liverpool, defeat isn't the problem, it's the manner of the defeat that hurts. Had we lost 3:1 to Chelsea or 2:0 to Spurs we would have been annoyed but we would have shrugged and said 'we were beaten by the better team' but I think the problem was also down to the fact we had come off the back of a good unbeaten run including clean sheets.

I think Lambert is utterly deluded but look at the team he could have put out injuries permitting.

Not saying we'd win with the below, but we'd stand a chance in hell which we don't now.

------------ Benteke

--- Gabby Ireland Weimann

---------- Westwood

Bennett --- Herd ---- Lowton

------Vlaar Clark Baker

------------ Guzan

I presume Weimann was injured today?

Edited by VillanousOne

Supported villa for 40+ years but never felt so embarrassed. Never seen such an inept team. They play like they have never met. Please someone tell me whats going on, i'm gutted. Got 2 tickets for Southampton but really dont want to go. Never felt this bad about the club before and am certain that relegation is coming.

Not long back from VP.

Well what a FREAK result that was!

I never expected to get stuffed, it is such a rare occurrence these days.

Oh well, a -21 goal difference, 12 goals shipped in the last 2 games and 0 points is quite good I reckon. Certainly a clear sign of progress if you ask me.

Â