Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Writing this as we drive off the car park

Awful. Devoid of any sort of intent to score. Defensively we have gone from being solid in a 352 to looking scared when we get run at, slide rule passes in behind, a teaM with any intelligence, with how we defend will score a hat full against us.

But what has **** me off the most, is the sheer lack of any sort of effort to close down or win the ball back.

Delph and Kea, if i ever see the former pull on a shirt for us again ill pull my cock off with a pair of pliers, the latter, just looks like he can't play football. Im actually thinking seeing bakke and mcann in midfield was better for us.

Keeping things in perspective.... again.. Just looking at the starting-11 before the game... many Premier League supporters would'nt be able to recognize seven players on our first team today. Its a work in progress and although this was another TOUGH fu&king pill to swallow.. I still believe PL knows what he's doing. I step back in order to take two forward.

Step back to where mate? The 2nd division?! This team would struggle in the championship. They would get bullied shitless!

He shouldn't be sacked, he needs funds. Lerner is mostly to blame for lack of quality in the squad, Lambert only had a small budget to fill many many holes. Some experienced heads with this team will make a world of difference

i would like to believe this but as many has said Norwich have not got a better squad, neither have West Brom, Stoke etc etc.

we have had atrocious luck with injuries, but you still have to say the board and manager have known how weak our squad is and how rubbish most of the youth are because they were all terrible last season. It feels like no lesson has been learnt at all.

Now people will slate me for this but - by the end of last season our defence was actually pretty good and it had to be to keep us in the premiership, yes i appreciate that Hutton and Warnock were often terrible, but the approach of hoofing them out of the club rather than trying to get the best out of them hasn't worked at all.

Deciding to play the big boss when it comes to Ireland and Bent hasn't worked either.

Rather than add to what little quality we did have Lambert has stripped it back and replaced it with 'young and hungry players' players that I thought had already proven they weren't good enough like, Delph, Herd, Lichaj, Clark, Bannan.

Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar and Lowton are the only players to add anything, the rest have taken us further back. Benteke should have been bought to play alongside Bent not as a replacement. Is Vlaar better than Collins, you'd think so but Collins has been solid for WHAM this season getting MOM on a handful of occasions, has Vlaar had MOM for us? And i don't mean the self-appointed ones our club gives the least crap person on the field i mean the prem league MOM.

If it wasn't for the fact Lambert's tenure was following McCleish then there would be a LAMBERT OUT thread by now, so many of us including me want him to succeed so hard we are utterly blinkered by the horrible truth.

I expect to be beaten by Spurs and Chelsea, but by the odd goal, not this.

Edited by VillanousOne

Thing is Spurs would get hammered by any half decent Spanish side...imagine if we played Barcelona? Dear me.

Messi could play his on his own and break his record for goas scored in a calander year, he would probably break it by half time.

Edited by Jimzk5

We never played 3-5-2, we played 5-3-2 and were totally over-run in midfield as a result. El Ahmadi and Delph were awful - as in below Championship level and they really need to be replaced.

Delph has had enough chances and has proved himself to be below Premiership quality and, despite mouthing off about being a tough guy, El Ahmadi is just way off the quality needed at any level in the UK.

Edited by Paul33

damn! i should of put a bet on, i said to myself we would get beat 4-0, why oh why arent i a gambling man?

see, too many scared little kids in the first team, although im sure they will still get treated to a happy meal for taking part

what a sheer joke we are, weve got no chance of buying any quality in january now, who would want to come here?

relegation here we come...

i might start attending more games next season, ill be able to afford to go to championship games :-)

No signs of the players wanting to make up for the 8-0 on Sunday. We have all the signs of a club that is going down. Why do we collapse so much? Is it the young players? We seem to go 1-0 down and we give up completely.

At the same point last season we had 20 points after after 18 games. How can we be doing worse?

Edited by Daniel