U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

This ain't Parler dude.

So, the Biden stuff before the election was all due to Russia too, oh errrr, except the federal investigation he has been under that he has confirmed.

Parler et al., exist due to the increasing amounts of censorship taking place in society.

Greenwald is just bitter he didn't rise to fame after his Snowden scoop for the Guardian.

He comes across as quite unhinged a lot of the time and even more so since he was forced out of the Intercept (which he founded) for being, well, unhinged.

38 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

@Awol

Geopolitically, this is A Bad Thing, right?

Honestly don’t know much about it, other than it being a bit of a no-mans-land with various insurgencies to gain formal independence since Spanish decolonization.

It might not be a terrible thing to have a major state establish governance over the territory, and better Morocco than Mauritania.  

No-one can say he’s not going the extra mile for the Israelis, KSA and UAE, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I don't doubt for a second the Dems are dirty too but to pretend there was no Russian interference in Trump's campaign is pathetic.

A lot of it came out of his own mouth on TV FFS.

Interference. Like the Chinese/Israelis/Indians/Germans/Irish/Saudis, oh those down right dastardly Russians. 

I thought the charge was that Trump was collaborating with or working for those nasty Russians. Chatting on TV/internet like he did is not illegal, distasteful maybe (and various other forms of non patriotic and immoral things depending on your viewpoint), but not illegal.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Honestly don’t know much about it, other than it being a bit of a no-mans-land with various insurgencies to gain formal independence since Spanish decolonization.

It might not be a terrible thing to have a major state establish governance over the territory, and better Morocco than Mauritania.  

No-one can say he’s not going the extra mile for the Israelis, KSA and UAE, though. 

Dictator Sisi in France getting full best buddy treatment too. The lecture about the value of religion over all else being a highlight. At least Macron had the spine to say it ain't so, if after the event.

Bidens (in)actions will be very interesting as he's close to being boxed in.

23 hours ago, villakram said:

along with Feinstein's China issue, it paints an interesting picture of the Californian congressional delegation, no?

Btw, the Russian nonsense has been thoroughly investigated and debunked.

Mueller declares his Russia report did not exonerate Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller said Wednesday that charging President Donald Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, but he used his first public remarks on the Russia investigation to emphasize that he did not exonerate the president.

https://apnews.com/article/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

To me, the Russia thing was left more in limbo. No charges but no exonaration either. Why do you say debunked?

The big Hunter Biden story just before the election that got 'censored' (the one in the New York Post) was the one where it was claimed Joe Biden had abused his position and wielded US foreign policy power to help out Hunter Biden and Burisma. The story that Rudy Giuliani was hawking around using screengrab of an email for evidence that not even Fox News would touch (i thought Rudy had promised more smoking gun emails about Joe Biden from that laptop?). Pretty sure Republicans investigated the Burisma thing and found no corruption. It wasn't buried, it was just immediately seen as garbage.

Hunter Biden's business dealings and tax issues are another thing, but google '10 held by H for the big guy?' and you get loads of articles from before the election by the 'MSM' about those emails, it wasn't exactly being suppressed.

Not a surprise that Greenwald has gone off one one again with his condescending, sanctimonious attitude -  of course he alone knows the real truth, everyone else is either an ignorant fool or part of the MSM/Deep State/Liberal Elite. 

He resigned (threw his toys out the pram) at the Intercept because he was asked to re-edit his article back to covering what he had originally agreed to write about (how the media hasn't covered Biden as critically as Trump), instead of basically repeating the highly dubious claim of the New York Post. He wasn't exactly being censored - they just asked him to focus on exactly what he complains about. I think he turned up on Fox News later that evening banging on about how the CIA is conspiring with the liberal left to overthrow Trump.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AXD said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller said Wednesday that charging President Donald Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, but he used his first public remarks on the Russia investigation to emphasize that he did not exonerate the president.

To me, the Russia thing was left more in limbo. No charges but no exonaration either. Why do you say debunked?

Ok, but this is a little too close to the argumentative tactic the religious use when claiming the existence of a single specific god. Once the claim is made, I can do whatever I damn well please, but I can't definitively prove that the specific god does not exist.

12 minutes ago, AXD said:

e.g., the Steele dossier.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

The NYPost story referenced in the tweet directly above that line is a great place to start.

An alt-right version of Twitter was started because a year and a half after it was created, a newspaper outlet chose not to print a potentially libellous story about the son of a senator?

Have you really thought this through properly?

6 minutes ago, andym said:

The big Hunter Biden story just before the election that got 'censored' (the one in the New York Post) was the one where it was claimed Joe Biden had abused his position and wielded US foreign policy power to help out Hunter Biden and Burisma. The story that Rudy Giuliani was hawking around using screengrab of an email for evidence that not even Fox News would touch (i thought Rudy had promised more smoking gun emails about Joe Biden from that laptop?). Pretty sure Republicans investigated the Burisma thing and found no corruption. It wasn't buried, it was just immediately seen as garbage.

Hunter Biden's business dealings and tax issues are another thing, but google '10 held by H for the big guy?' and you get loads of articles from before the election by the 'MSM' about those emails, it wasn't exactly being suppressed.

Not a surprise that Greenwald has gone off one one again with his condescending, sanctimonious attitude -  of course he alone knows the real truth, everyone else is either an ignorant fool or part of the MSM/Deep State/Liberal Elite. 

He resigned (threw his toys out the pram) at the Intercept because he was asked to re-edit his article back to covering what he had originally agreed to write about (how the media hasn't covered Biden as critically as Trump), instead of basically repeating the highly dubious claim of the New York Post. He wasn't exactly being censored - they just asked him to focus on exactly what he complains about. I think he turned up on Fox News later that evening banging on about how the CIA is conspiring with the liberal left to overthrow Trump.

Dubios how?

No primary source has come out and denied the veracity of the material.

One can argue about the ethics of releasing private material, but this story was censored by twitter and widely suppressed.

Â