U.S. Politics

maqroll

53 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I saw some clip of Hannity with 3 guests sitting next to him. All of them were saying how terrible this is for Trump, and how he chose Russia over USA, and Hannity kept trying to cut them off, or switch the topic but thankfully the three guests kept going back to Trump siding with Russia. 

Yes I saw that too. Hannity is not a journalist he is Squealer from Animal Farm.

In an hour (2pm est) Trump is going to hold a press conference to address the fallout from the Helsinki summit. I can’t see anything other than Trump digging a huge whole for himself - get the popcorn ready.

Democrats pushing for hearings to find out exactly what was discussed behind closed doors during the summit.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In an hour (2pm est) Trump is going to hold a press conference to address the fallout from the Helsinki summit. I can’t see anything other than Trump digging a huge whole for himself - get the popcorn ready.

I might take a shot every time he says fake nooz..

Any guesses for how many things he claims he never said even though he was recorded saying them 24 hours ago?

Edited by Davkaus

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I might take a shot every time he says fake nooz..

Any guesses for how many things he claims he never said even though he was recorded saying them 24 hours ago?

You’ll be too drunk to keep count!

• Like 1

That has to be the worst, most transparent walking back of a comment by anyone, anywhere.

The whole situation was that bad, that was the best they could come up with, in 24 hours!!!!

Yet sadly it will still be enough for the GOP and the loons in his base support to stick by him

• Like 1

Saw it earlier and burst out laughing when he came out with his excuse. He then went on his usual ramblings about Obama, Hillary and the media. He's insane, and also really bad at spelling...

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:28, Chindie said:

The press conference was nuts.

It's a shame he will never face any comeuppance. The next supreme court judge is openly of the mindset that it is actually impossible to try a sitting president for a crime because it would get in the way of running the country(!). He's never going to be indicted. 

You're relying on his heart giving in, his mental faculties going further, or an ill-fated trip to Dallas.

And then you get a competent evil in the shape of Pence.

I think Pence is going to get RICO'd along with many other GOP guys who took the rubles.

I'd be surprised if Trump saw another Christmas.

13 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I think Pence is going to get RICO'd along with many other GOP guys who took the rubles.

I'd be surprised if Trump saw another Christmas.

I genuinely will be surprised if Trump doesn't finish his term.

• Like 3

Just now, Chindie said:

I'd usually join in with that view but my gut tells me Mueller has him.

I think Manafort's trial will be when shit goes up to 11.

My favourite scene was the part where he expresses his full faith in USInt , then a split second later jokes about them turning the lights out on him. Hats off to whoever wrote that.

Mueller Asks Judge in Manafort Case to Grant Immunity to Five Witnesses 

Trial of Trump’s former campaign chairman on tax and bank fraud charges scheduled to start next week

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office asked a federal judge to grant immunity to five witnesses expected to testify against Paul Manafort, providing a window into the team’s strategy for a trial expected to begin next week.

In a set of filings Tuesday, Mr. Mueller’s prosecutors said they had five potential witnesses against Mr. Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, who have refused to testify based on their Fifth Amendment right against incriminating themselves. Prosecutors asked for the court to compel the witnesses to testify by giving them immunity. The witnesses aren’t named.

www.wsj.com/amp/articles/mueller-asks-judge-in-manafort-case-to-grant-immunity-to-five-witnesses-1531856459

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I'd usually join in with that view but my gut tells me Mueller has him.

I think Manafort's trial will be when shit goes up to 11.

I think Mueller will get close. More people around the Trump campaign will fall and more figures will turn out to be involved with Russia. But I don't see the ultimate evidence of Trump being directly involved arising. And it's going to take something absolutely undeniable, and absolutely heinous to his position, to get him. Bearing in mind that the (almost certain) next supreme court judge is someone who is on record saying he doesn't think it's possible to try a sitting president, and the Trump base being a group just large and loud enough to need convincing lest they live out their Rambo dreams, the evidence is going to need to be something absolutely clear and absolutely huge. Not something that can be spun as a technicality, not something that points to Donald's personal affairs away from the campaign (regardless of how relevant that would still be), it needs to be huge. It needs to be obvious he was doing wrong in his capacity as a candidate (or as president) that he was openly aware of, to ab obscene degree. I just don't see it coming. I sincerely hope it does, the day he gets carted off in the back of a van would be a glorious one and the look on his face would be chiseled into my memory for life. I just don't think it'll happen.

There's also the element in the back of my head that won't go away, that says Trump was just a useful idiot. The figures actually playing the game around him will fall, and he'll be left there with a steadily increasing pile of pardons to sign with his big important bestest man pen.

So I'll be shocked if he doesn't finish the term. The only ways I see him not doing so are him dropping dead, him being (more) obviously unwell to the point someone steps in, or Mueller getting so close with something so damaging the Republican party takes the chance for damage limitation and he is shuffled off with ill health and they try to bury the issue with him.

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

I wouldn't.

Edit: Oh sorry, I meant "would".

Edited by Stevo985

I think Trump is smarter than he acts and was smart enough to not actually dip his cock into the honey jar known as Russia. A lot of other people around trump will fall, but he will come out unscathed. 

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think Trump is smarter than he acts and was smart enough to not actually dip his cock into the honey jar known as Russia. A lot of other people around trump will fall, but he will come out unscathed. 

Nah. I don't think he can have plausible deniability here. When you stack up some of the things he's done or not done that he should have, there are just too many instances where he's on the wrong side of it.

For just a few of those reasons, like employing Manafort etc just listen to the first few minutes of this Rachel Maddow Show from the other night. There are more reasons than just this such as "Really Don Jr, you never told your Dad?". Just too many and add that to the fact that it's his campaign, the buck stops with him and as different staff came and went, it went on and on and still continues. He's the only common denominator in all of it, the only conclusion can be that he's up to his neck in it tbh

Â