U.S. Politics

maqroll

St. Louis police have shot and killed a black guy today...3 miles from Ferguson.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

I can't recall such incompetent law enforcement since this.

Actually, the police proved to be totally useless during the LA riots in 1992. Korean shopkeepers stood on their roofs with rifles to prevent looting because police would not enter the area. Pathetic. I think over 70 people were killed.

Edited by maqroll

I am honestly surprised at how many people are still willing to immediately believe the cops version of the event over witnesses who had their phones confiscated. 

The whole thing has been handled horribly and has only made racial tension so much worse.

The St. Louis shooting was filmed. The guy had a knife and approached the police yelling "Shoot me"....but with 2 cops, one of them could have used a taser, or they could have just shot at his legs and feet. I'm just not sure how this action can be justified.

edit.

You can see it on YouTube

"St. Louis Police Shooting"

Edited by maqroll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946 

Arizona nine-year old in Uzi gun lesson accident
  •  

A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use a high-powered submachine gun.

The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the automatic fire caused her to lose control of the Uzi.

Charles Vacca, 39, was shot in the head and died after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.

The girl was at the shooting range with her parents, who filmed the lesson.

The footage shows the instructor coaching her as she fires a single shot at a target at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills, Arizona.

The Uzi then appears to be switched to automatic as the girl pulls the trigger and loses her grip of the weapon.

The video, edited and released by the Mojave County Sheriff's office, ends abruptly before the instructor is shot.

Correspondents say it is common in parts of the US for children to be taught how to use firearms.

Many firing ranges have strict safety rules on instructing children. It is not clear what age limits the range has.

9 year old girl kills gun instructor with an Uzi. But it's ok, because the age limit for Uzi holding is 8. And for rifles it's 5.  :blink:  Madness, and tragic. Again.

Edited by Rodders

Those crazy yanks have their own version of the darwin awards. It's called the right to bear arms. You couldn't make up a scenario where a 9 year old little girl is being taught (and filmed) by crazy arse gung ho parents how to fire a feckin oozy. Retarded.

It's important that she learn to use an Uzi. Firstly, so she can exercise her right to shoot an Uzi. Secondly, so she can kill burglars and muggers. Thirdly, if the government get out of control, she can shoot them all dead.

Oh, sorry I forgot one. She might need to shoot a moose, racoon, bear, or alligator with it.

It might take 100 years to remove mainstream use of firearms in America, but if they started today, it would be worth it.

Sadly, this parody is actually much closer to the actual state of affairs than the authors imagined ...

http://newsthump.com/2014/08/27/we-must-teach-uzi-safety-to-our-toddlers-insist-us-gun-advocates/

We must teach Uzi safety to our toddlers, insist US gun advocates

Uzi-machine-gun-9-year-old.jpg

The death of a gun range instructor in the US was caused by parents who waited too long to introduce their 9 year-old daughter to an Uzi, according the gun advocates in the US.

The nine year-old girl lost control of the Uzi and killed the instructor at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills, Arizona, in an accident many are claiming would not have happened if she’d been given control of an Uzi before she was five.

An NRA spokesperson explained, “You’re never too young to learn about guns, so if you can stumble across the room into your parents arms, you can probably hold a rifle of some sort.”

“The only guaranteed way to end these tragic deaths is to stop leaving it so late in introducing our children to gun safety.”

“Do you think this poor little girl would have lost control of that Uzi if she’s been using one since she was a toddler?”

“Of course she wouldn’t.”

“She’s going to have to live the rest of her life in the knowledge she killed a man because her parents were too negligent to teach her to handle an Uzi properly when she was even younger.”

“That’s why we started our new campaign ‘Uzis for Twosies’, where we are promoting gun safety amongst the nation’s toddlers.”

Gun range death

Fans of deadly guns have said an earlier introduction to high-powered killing devices is the safest thing all round for America’s kids.

Another explained, “It’s like riding a bike, you might have learnt when you were four, but you never forget.”

“But teaching an older child or an adult to use a bike for the first time is just too difficult.”

“So I have a dream, a dream in which America’s pre-schoolers are the best armed in the world. And we’re almost there.”

• 3 months later...

Some really sickening facts coming out on Twitter. Is it any surprise other countries hate them so much?

When I was younger I would have loved to move to america and although I enjoy visiting certain parts its such a horrendous country in so many ways.

I've never been to a country more openly racist than america, the gun laws are ridiculous, the whole medical/insurance thing is awful and the issues with their police force at the moment are shocking.

The sad thing is they could be a country that makes the world a better place but instead they make it a hell of a lot worse.

Â