U.S. Politics

maqroll

I really wish our allies in Europe and Japan would denounce our security apparatus and the politicians who enable it for what it is.  

We have the gall to scold other nations for human rights abuses, when what we have been doing is just as bad (or even worse given what we proclaim to be) It's a total **** sham. 

I'd love to see a ballsy leader like Merkel demand sanctions against us, even if it's just rhetoric. 

Bush and Cheney are war criminals, and traitors to the United States. If there wasn't enough proof of that already, this seals it. 

Between the NSA spying, the CIA torturing, Wall Street thievery and the militarization of police departments nationwide, people need to rise up now or just give in to this tidal surge of evil and watch the country implode on itself.

• Like 3

... its interesting they now admit it, and accept it is illegal and wrong.

Is it?

Isn't it even more interesting that one of the people who has allowed the report to be published has gone further than his predecessor in terms of drone stuff and extra-judicial execution of US citizens?

That they're now going down this line should make us wonder where they're trying to lead us.

This is not a huge hands up mea culpa.

This lot would still waterboard your granny if someone told them, "It is right."

• Like 1

Hayden (former CIA and NSA) has come out tonight and defended it, basically.

But what's really troublesome is that the information that came out today was the cleaned up, rated PG version of events. I can't even begin to imagine what worse horrors were perpetrated. 

Edited by maqroll

...I've never been to a country more openly racist than america...

Not spent much time in the Middle East then? The Arabs built the African slave trade at a time when stone circles were still the cutting edge of European architecture.

America doesn't hold a candle to them on that score.

Amnesty International in the US and Human Rights Watch saying that senior Bush admin. officials should be prosecuted. Can't see them getting any real traction though. If they weren't prosecuted after Abu Grahib, they won't be now.

Not spent much time in the Middle East then? The Arabs built the African slave trade at a time when stone circles were still the cutting edge of European architecture.

Nope not been there.

Spent a fair amount of time in america and I've never known complete strangers be so openly racist in front of me.

Nope not been there.

Spent a fair amount of time in america and I've never known complete strangers be so openly racist in front of me.

florida?

Senator Warren has been incredibly brave and incredibly honest there.

Of course, it's a suicide note.

America is owned by its debt and run by a private bank, that bank wields it's power to ensure that the debt can't be paid and in doing so it controls the country. The debt was increased recently as a result of spending on defence, to the point where there was no money for Obamacare - there's no profit in social healthcare, there's loads in selling jet fighters.

I wonder if at any point she realised she might as well be waving her fist at the sun. She's 20 years too late and she's finished.

• Like 2

While I doubt her words on Capitol Hill will make a lick of difference in how the legislative and executive branches operate, she's not finished as a senator. Massachusetts voters will love her even more for the speech. But she torpedoed any shot she may have had at the White House. 

Â