U.S. Politics

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My money would be on him being dead by the 2028 election race.

Yep thats how i see this ending. My guess plain incident 

Or “Weekend at Bernie’s” style

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think there’s a certain, “There’s no way he will be President again” going on right now with Trump. 

People are distracted with a lot of things - cost of living, Israel, Taylor Swift. 

Political engagement is down across the board but we will see what will happen come November. 

If the Dems had a brain, they would be tying abortion codification on every single general election ballot next year. It’s a winning position for them and for as much grumbling people do now, they will vote anti-Trump when it comes down to it. 

This will make it front and centre next July and for the months afterwards to the election….

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

With a decision on this likely in July next year from the Republican leaning Supreme Court it could probably deliver Biden and Democrats the election win in November from the voting turnout from women and Democrats like Dobbs did.

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's completely unlikely. The only thing we can hope for is cholesterol clogging up multiple arteries.

Ronald McDonald assassination by burgers of Donald Trump

IMG_1818.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

This will make it front and centre next July and for the months afterwards to the election….

We'll see - a lot of time between until the general election. Right wing media has been staying very on message about "Biden is old" and "Hunter is corrupt" whereas Dems keep trying to make "Bidenomics" a thing even though the real cost of living rise is hurting painfully no matter how rosy a picture they want to paint. They need to hang their hats on the abortion issue as it has shown in polls, special elections, and midterms to convert votes to Dems.

I think if the economy isn't imploding come July/August (and it looks the Feds are on the tail end of a soft landing, even signaling rate cuts next year) - they should push all-in on the abortion issue at that point and hammer the message home. Republicans have no good answer to it and even Trump has pulled enough brain cells together to stay away from it. 

For as much as the "Biden is old" shtick has taken hold, his political team has been savvy enough to run an actual good ground operation (he was right to focus on the midwest states and give up Florida to the alligators in 2020). He was right to hold strong during the Democratic primary in 2019 and tore the field apart after South Carolina. His MO has been to stay steady, let the people do their work, and get the job done at the end.

Not for the Twitter/X-sphere, but in the real world - that's how things actually get accomplished.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The general consensus is that Trump was looking for a PR "moment" to say "look at me" (completely on brand.) He then handed a HUGE coup to Kim Jon Un in the form of a photo op and absolutely nothing changed in the relationship.

Since then NK has tested more nuclear weapons, rockets and more long range weapons. It didn't take balls to visit NK, it took vanity, arrogance and a complete ignorance of global politics.

The general consensus hasn’t read into the events leading up to those meetings then 

if people remove their instant dislike of Trump then a clearer picture emerges of the events and  its ultimate failure …it’s actually an interesting read 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The general consensus hasn’t read into the events leading up to those meetings then 

if people remove their instant dislike of Trump then a clearer picture emerges of the events and  its ultimate failure …it’s actually an interesting read 

Sources?

Has anyone mentioned that billionaire Trump is selling small sections of the suit he was wearing in the mug shot. But it’s not quite as simple as that, interest buyers also have to spend a load of money on NFT’s to qualify.

Thats top tier grifting.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has anyone mentioned that billionaire Trump is selling small sections of the suit he was wearing in the mug shot. But it’s not quite as simple as that, interest buyers also have to spend a load of money on NFT’s to qualify.

Thats top tier grifting.

I'd bet good money that the bit of suit that actually turns up is not from the actual suit he wore.

• Like 1

Just now, choffer said:

You can bet that when he does have the massive heart attack, his base will be claiming exactly this. 

Nah, they'll just queue up at Mar-A-Lago to see the toilet he died on just like Gracelands

• Haha 2

Massive clearing in the woods Alex Jones is already telling people that he takes measures against being poisoned - he claims he gets his staff to collect hundreds of meals and then he picks one at random.

This is the kind of shit you're dealing with.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Massive clearing in the woods Alex Jones is already telling people that he takes measures against being poisoned - he claims he gets his staff to collect hundreds of meals and then he picks one at random.

This is the kind of shit you're dealing with.

I think he picks more than one of them…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bickster said:

He's probably got 12 of the same suit anyway

He's a selfish clearing in the woods and a 100% grifter. Even with 12 of the same suit I don't think he would let anyone cut one up when he could just get them to use a roll of cheap ass material and post it out. His charity was fake, his university was fake, his suit will be fake too. 

Â